Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Diamonds badge for opinions...

Hello to everyone!

The question of the Oakleaves with Swords and Diamonds has been much discussed in this Forum. To date all the badges which have been posted, even the best, are of poor quality and have been identified as fake or simple post-war replicas. Some have suggested that they were made for display purposes.

Tonight a great friend of mine offered me as a gift a badge whose photographs are posted below.

Is it a simple fake? Another display piece? The real deal?

Any opinions are welcome!

Many thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Below is another Diamonds badge recently sold here on the WAF, for comparison with my one... This type is often considered the very best replica on the market.

Comment

It is a very nice looking piece whatever it turns out to be. You have a very nice friend there Happy new year

Comment

And here are both the badges side to side...

Comment

Thank you for the nice comment Tony T-S! Happy New Year!
          Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
          It is a very nice looking piece whatever it turns out to be. You have a very nice friend there Happy new year

Comment

Free gift?

Comment

Hi Chen, yes it was... he actually is my best friend.

Originally posted by chen View Post
              Free gift?

Comment

If it is genuine, your friend's free gift worth more than US$200,000.
                If it is fake,then this is the best fake I have ever seen( from picture alone of course, better than the one in post #2 which is no way up to standard )

Comment

Hi Chen, thank you for your expert opinion on my badge! So in your opinion there is a chance of being wartime?

If it is genuine, your friend's free gift worth more than US$200,000.
                  If it is fake,then this is the best fake I have ever seen( from picture alone of course, better than the one in post #2 which is no way up to standard )

Comment

Originally posted by Viriathus View Post
                    Hi Chen, thank you for your expert opinion on my badge! So in your opinion there is a chance of being wartime?
                    Viriathus,
                    If a faker fakes a genuine piece 100% correct, then it will become a war time piece.
                    I must have the piece on hand to see. The piece you show looks "interesting convincing " but still certain details I have doubt eg, that donut fixings.
                    This kind of diamond award to KC, whether an attributed or not, is not that easily available.
                    I do not know how good is your friendship to your friend that he will give you more than US$ 200,000 badge for free.

Comment

Do you have a view of your gift taken from the side?

Comment

Hello again and Happy New Year! I have been out and could access the internet with an old notebook only...

Carlos is a great friend but he does not collect militaria. He got this badge several years ago from a German guy. He did not know if it was good or not, and of course I will speak with him if it turns to be original.

Chen, I agree it looks good or so it is the best fake ever produced, and many thanks for your comments.

Thank you too Leroy, here is a side view of the badge, there is unfortunately some distortion to the image, because it was taken with a cheap camera. Actually the lower part with open work around is much thinner...

Last edited by Viriathus; 01-01-2016, 05:15 PM.

Comment

The side view shows a lots. It is a fake.

Comment

Hi Chen... that's not good news, but I got it for free and it is anyway a good looking badge. To be honest I was not so sure it was original...

I have it looked tonight by a friend who is a gemologist and much to my surprise he said the stones are real diamonds! This makes me think it could be at least a museum display piece. If it was a simple fake why then the diamonds?? What are your thougths on the so-called "museum display pieces"?

The side view shows a lots. It is a fake.

Comment

Here is a better side view...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X