Another Cased EK Combo (S&L)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Cased EK Combo (S&L)

Dear all, recently, I have seen more of these being offered. They come from different makers. I saw one being made by BH Mayer. This one is being made by S&L. They used to be very rare. I think it is worth to be discussed here.
    What do you think?
    https://www.weitze.com/militaria/93/...9__252493.html
    Sorry that I cannot attach any photographs

Maybe a Schickle but it does not look like a St. & L to me.
    Ralph.

Comment

The miniature is a S&L.
      The core of the cross is certainly a Godet.

Comment

can anyone ID that spange?
        regards
        jon

Comment

combo

Originally posted by tinmantis View Post
          can anyone ID that spange?
          regards
          jon
          Jon

Was waiting to see what you had to say. I have looked at all of my spanges and cannot match it. I looks almost like an S&L except the right side neck to feathers is to long. I don't have a picture of an S&L buntmetal spange (which are hard to find) so wasn't sure if it wasn't an S&L. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
            Jon

Was waiting to see what you had to say. I have looked at all of my spanges and cannot match it. I looks almost like an S&L except the right side neck to feathers is to long. I don't have a picture of an S&L buntmetal spange (which are hard to find) so wasn't sure if it wasn't an S&L. Jim
            Dear Jim, thanks for your input. I am uncertain about the manufacturer of the sponge and that of the EK1 as well. If they from different manufacturers, will it infer that the whole piece was a modern put together one?

Comment

combo

David, I would wait until someone IDs the spange or wait for a good set to come up. But I would most certainly hold off buying. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
                David, I would wait until someone IDs the spange or wait for a good set to come up. But I would most certainly hold off buying. Jim
                Dear Jim, I agree that there are doubts about the combo. Interesting to see cased combos (from different manufacturers) coming up for sale more often recently. David

Comment

Hi
                  I have an L/50 mm'd spange in my files, it seems to match this one
                  add that to the godet EK core, and maybe we have a legit godet combo?

I can email the pics to someone if interested (they are not the best, and cannot for the life of me remember where I got them!)
                  regards
                  jon

Comment

Originally posted by tinmantis View Post
                    Hi
                    I have an L/50 mm'd spange in my files, it seems to match this one
                    add that to the godet EK core, and maybe we have a legit godet combo?

I can email the pics to someone if interested (they are not the best, and cannot for the life of me remember where I got them!)
                    regards
                    jon
                    This Spange is the L/14 design.

The core is a J. Godet style core, which was also used by Meybauer and other makers. L/50 is Gebr. Godet (different companies).
                    Last edited by streptile; 12-29-2015, 02:28 PM.
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

thanks streptile
                      is that an L/14 frame? some bits do, some bits don't
                      regards
                      jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X