Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinions on 3 Spanienkreuze!

Dear collectors:

Since lately there have been quite a lot of discussions about Spanienkreuze in general, I would like to bring three different pieces to your attention.

Please do not hesitate to give your opinion...

Ciao,

First: Spanienkreuz in Gold, not marked. Observation: the scan doesn't really catch very well the deepness of the gilting. It's much more pronounced in reality.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Klaus O.; 01-18-2005, 01:02 PM.

Reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

with opened needle... detail of the catch:
      Attached Files

Comment

Spanish Cross in silver

Here a Spanienkreuz in Silber... maker marked L/13 for Meybauer... also the pin on the back looks to me completely text book... but in order to double check with you, I am posting it for your enjoyment and opinions.

Obverse:
        Attached Files

Comment

Back:
          Attached Files

Comment

back with opened pin:
            Attached Files

Comment

Spanish Cross in bronze

A unmarked Spanienkreuz in Bronze... I also would gladly hear your opinions on this piece.

Obverse:
              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse:
                Attached Files

Comment

Reverse with opened pin:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Claudio,

the bronze and the silver look good to me. At least they are looking the same as crosses I'm considering as original. the silver is a typical Meybauer in "buntmetall". I don't know the manufacturer of the bronze one. I'm more suspicious with the gold one, but may be it's just the flash of the gold that make me thinking that. some details troubling me (grisp reverse, eagles); I must check my doc.
                    jacques

Comment

Claudio,

I really can't comment on the originality of the crosses, but the swastika in the centre of the bronze cross somehow seems to be out of alignment.

/David

Comment

Hi Claudio and jacques,

I don't know much about Spanienkreuzes and that's why I have a question. When I saw the bronze Spanienkreuz I thought it was a fake because of the swastika. Then I looked at some picture's from Niemann's website and noticed that sometimes the swastika is not standing on one of it arms, why is that?

Regards, Thomas

Comment

When I started with my reply you weren't there David , have to be faster with my replies.

Thomas

Comment

I also noticed this detail. I can't explain it but I already saw such bad soldered disks on genuine crosses.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ciao Claudio,

I agree , silver and bronze look original but gold I don't like very much, eagles are not welded fine, catch...

Ivan Bombardieri

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X