No announcement yet.

1947 WWII Victory Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent thread. Thanks so much for sharing the pics and the story behind each item. Very nice. -Ger

Comment

Terrific thread, Rick, and thanks for sharing.....
      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Imagine watching somebody taking a hammer to this SS Reichsmarschall baton in fulfillment of Amazon’s parody of Goebbels’ book burning gig to insure nothing was left behind with a swastika from the production of Man In The High Castle. Sadly, this prop, didn’t escape Amazon’s destruction order even though it would’ve been a swell, stand-alone souvenir of the entire series.

Just thought I would show what it looked like. I’m told it started its life as one of those replica batons but that this was refitted all in leather and the insignia affixed were embossed in leather with metallic foil by a local book bindery firm. It was cool looking.

Attached Files

Comment

Nice thread, and a nice collection of "what could have been" insignia, medals and uniform parts.
          A shame that the Baton was destroyed.

I guess I have to see if I can find the serie on one of the streaming site, HBO, NetFlix and so on.

Thank you for showing this amazing amount of cool stuff.

Kind regards
          Flemming

Comment

https://putlocker.vip/film/the-man-i...season-1-6742/

Comment

A destroy order to ensure what? that no glorification of something that never even happened would take place? I want off this insane carnival ride we call the 21st century...

Comment

It is rather extraordinary even though the communists & their minions murdered 61 million under the Soviet regime between 1917 - 1987, Mao’s gang murdered 77 million, the Cambodian flirtation with communism (Khmer Rouge) murdered almost 2.5 million, the Bulgarians murdered between 50-100 thousand which was pretty much matched by the East German regime etc. and YET Amazon makes a bunch of money off the plethora of listings/offerings for communist pins, flags and other representations such as Antifa. By comparison, the purported hobgoblins in Germany were pikers yet, you better not show a swastika because one might offend someone but symbolism glorifying an ideology that credits itself with murdering 140+ MILLION people? Yeah baby, that’s cool.

Comment

Here are a few smalls that came my way. I’ve alway loved the DKiG, so I was lucky to have the opportunity to grab this “named” example.
                  Attached Files

Comment

oh so true

communism = dictatorship / this world has never seen true communism
                    only the world elites will never admit it
                    how about england with millions dead to create their colonial empire
                    no country including the usa is innocent
                    ( but I do love the usa with all its faults/just not the government )
                    regards
                    steve

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
                    It is rather extraordinary even though the communists & their minions murdered 61 million under the Soviet regime between 1917 - 1987, Mao’s gang murdered 77 million, the Cambodian flirtation with communism (Khmer Rouge) murdered almost 2.5 million, the Bulgarians murdered between 50-100 thousand which was pretty much matched by the East German regime etc. and YET Amazon makes a bunch of money off the plethora of listings/offerings for communist pins, flags and other representations such as Antifa. By comparison, the purported hobgoblins in Germany were pikers yet, you better not show a swastika because one might offend someone but symbolism glorifying an ideology that credits itself with murdering 140+ MILLION people? Yeah baby, that’s cool.

Comment

Thanks to RickC, i now have the Oberstgruppenfuhrer set, all used by Rufus Sewell during the four season series. Each item used by a key actor was issued to him/her and named and or roster numbered on the reverse. I’m not going to share those markings publicly.

I have some collars and shoulder boards for his Oberstgruppenfuhrer rank from Riddick militaria (they supplied insignia to the show) and an autographed photo on the way. I hope you like it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Couldn’t resist one more dip at the MITHIC well adding to my props from Man in the High Castle.

Where I had the character Himmler’s shoulderboards sporting the HH cypher and wire frame globe motif already I thought why not grab Kenneth Tigar’s ribbon bars and medal bar that were used on his tunic during filming (below)

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X