Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 originality and maker?

Hi,
    I'm reasonably new to the forum. it's great to see so many keen collectors out there. I would like some expert advice with verifying the maker of this Ek1. I would also like to know if the cross is original or a high end reproduction? At first I thought that it may be an early Juncker piece, but I'm no expert on the Iron Cross. A good mate of mine has gone over it and concluded that it was best to list it on this forum. I can provide you with some info about the cross. It has a Zinc core and weighs about 20-21grams. My mate black lighted the case and no sign of modern materials showed up. To me it looks like an original higher quality make with the material where the retaining pin sits. Otherwise it's all up to you to work it out. Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, Rossi
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

some more
      Attached Files

Comment

pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

More pictures
            Attached Files

Comment

Ek1 cont...
              Attached Files

Comment

more ek1
                Attached Files

Comment

It's fine, but there was really no reason to damage the case, which is a nice early type with a wooden insert.

Cases can be easily authenticated these days without ripping out the insert.

The cross is a 100.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                    It's fine, but there was really no reason to damage the case, which is a nice early type with a wooden insert.

Cases can be easily authenticated these days without ripping out the insert.

The cross is a 100.
                    Hi Streptile, thanks for the verification! Is the cross and early example like the case?
                    Cheers, Rossi

Comment

Hi Rossi :
                      Nice 2nd frame early W&L EK1 with a Ni-plated brass core - not zinc .

Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                        Hi Rossi :
                        Nice 2nd frame early W&L EK1 with a Ni-plated brass core - not zinc .

Douglas
                        Thanks for the information Douglas. Is the Ni-plated brass core unusual for W&L to produce, or was it a common practice for them in the early stages of the war?

Rossi

Comment

Rossi : Taking a guess - I would say W&L made the largest amount of brass core EK1s - be it short lived - yes early on .... amongst some other makers .

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X