Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information on EK1 and 2 and spange

Hello,

I am a novice collector and you are my only reference.
    How to start collecting EK?
    I am really impress to see how good you are to recognise a genuine one or a fake one
    Is it preferable to collect the one with a maker number
    is it some maker that are more valuable to collect.
    is it preferable to collect a nicest one.
    It a new hobby for me and your advice are more than welcome
    Thank you every one for your help

Books

For EKI and EKI spanges buy "Iron Cross first class" by Maerz and Stimson. There is no good EKII book unless you read german. What to buy is really up to you as you know what you can afford. Any cross or spange marked L/14 or L/15 are hard to find or rare. There are other manufacturers that are highly collected (Juncker, Godet, and Deschler). Some people like mint and some like those that have been worn. But do your research first before you decide what area to concentrate on. My major collection is screw back EKI and spanges, and I have others (Schinkel, and Round 3). Good luck on what you decide. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
      For EKI and EKI spanges buy "Iron Cross first class" by Maerz and Stimson. There is no good EKII book unless you read german. What to buy is really up to you as you know what you can afford. Any cross or spange marked L/14 or L/15 are hard to find or rare. There are other manufacturers that are highly collected (Juncker, Godet, and Deschler). Some people like mint and some like those that have been worn. But do your research first before you decide what area to concentrate on. My major collection is screw back EKI and spanges, and I have others (Schinkel, and Round 3). Good luck on what you decide. Jim
      Thank you very much I really appreciate you took time to answer me.
      With gentleman like you who help a novice the tradition will perpetuefrom generation to generation.

Comment

Come on guy Little advice are welcome please

Help a novice collector of cross please
        your advice is more than welcome
        Robert

Comment

Someone listing?

Originally posted by rgag27 View Post
          Help a novice collector of cross please
          your advice is more than welcome
          Robert

Comment

answers

Originally posted by rgag27 View Post
            Hello,

I am a novice collector and you are my only reference.
            How to start collecting EK?
            I am really impress to see how good you are to recognise a genuine one or a fake one
            Is it preferable to collect the one with a maker number
            is it some maker that are more valuable to collect.
            is it preferable to collect a nicest one.
            It a new hobby for me and your advice are more than welcome
            Thank you every one for your help
            How to start collecting? Start with what you can afford to pay and if possible before you buy post pictures to make sure it is original.

Is it preferable to collect the one with a maker number: Maker marked is always better and may cost a little more than an unmarked one.

is it some maker that are more valuable to collect.: yes, the really rare makers of crosses and spanges are L/14, L/15, L/17, but Deschler, and Juncker also command premium prices.

is it preferable to collect a nicest one. This is up to the individual, some want mint and others want worn condition.

Never be afraid to ask questions, as we the members are here to help each other. If you buy off of e-stand then they are guaranteed to be original, but still ask questions if you are not sure of the item.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
              How to start collecting? Start with what you can afford to pay and if possible before you buy post pictures to make sure it is original.

Is it preferable to collect the one with a maker number: Maker marked is always better and may cost a little more than an unmarked one.

is it some maker that are more valuable to collect.: yes, the really rare makers of crosses and spanges are L/14, L/15, L/17, but Deschler, and Juncker also command premium prices.

is it preferable to collect a nicest one. This is up to the individual, some want mint and others want worn condition.

Never be afraid to ask questions, as we the members are here to help each other. If you buy off of e-stand then they are guaranteed to be original, but still ask questions if you are not sure of the item.

Jim
              I can only agree with all that Jim has posted.
              Also, we do have a search function, at the top of this forum, do a search for EK I or EK II spange and do a lot of reading.
              Ralph.
              Ralph.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X