Illegal wear of the KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illegal wear of the KC

Found in a little collector publication from 1963.

cheers
    Peter
    Attached Files

Its no biggie.... I have met 2 Old soldiers over the years in Germany who claimed to be Knights cross winners, who were not. I know of an old Germany guy in South Africa and Namibia who claimed to be a Luftwaffe fighter pilot AND Panzer man, KC winner.... His family believe to this day he was.... he was not....

Stolen Valor is nothing new at all......

Comment

Ok, sorry for wasting space

Comment

Not a waste.

Nice to know.

Wayne

Comment

Hi Peter, you understand me wrong.... it is an interesting post indeed.... I simply wanted to point out that this was not as rare as it seems... you started what could be a veeeery interesting post....

Comment

Lets say I met 40-50 vets in germany, all privately, no veterans Treffen.... and of 50, 2 claim to have been knights cross winners, but were not..... that is quite a sum! Imagine 1 in 25 US soldiers claimed to be medal of honor winners!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Boonzaier View Post
              I know of an old Germany guy in South Africa and Namibia who claimed to be a Luftwaffe fighter pilot AND Panzer man, KC winner....
              I don't know why this luftwaffe guy popped up in my mind when you mentioned Namibia,

Kurt Dahlmann

probably not the same guy, but anyway as interesting fact he is one of the last living Oakleaves recipients

Best regards,
              Daniel

Comment

There was the German guy in Argentina too that claimed to have many awards and been a staff officer etc. His Grandson or someone like that posted here for more info and the guy was a 100% fraud. I am not sure if he even was in the Heer or if he was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
                  I don't know why this luftwaffe guy popped up in my mind when you mentioned Namibia,

Kurt Dahlmann

probably not the same guy, but anyway as interesting fact he is one of the last living Oakleaves recipients

Best regards,
                  Daniel

Hi,

no, different guy. I wont mention his name out of respect for his daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post

Kurt Dahlmann

Best regards,
                    Daniel

No, no, no! Dahlmann was an official KC winner. OL winner in fact

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                      No, no, no! Dahlmann was an official KC winner. OL winner in fact
                      I mentioned that he was an Oakleaves winner.
                      Just messing around with you

Best regards,
                      Daniel

Comment

Ok Chris, no problem. This post was intended for the guys who haven't "been there, seen that, done that I also thought the sum of the fine was rather high, DM 450. This Sammlerwert-Liste was included in the same publication.

cheers
                        Peter
                        Attached Files

Comment

I served in the Marine Corps with a "REAL" MOH winner in the 1960's. You would never have known he was because he never mentioned it. Real heroes seldom brag it up ! Tom

Comment

I once owned a US Army Medal of Honour with the recipients details engraved on the back. When the research arrived I found he was not entitled to the award, furthermore he had only ever been a National Guardsman and had never heard a shot fired in anger...

Keith

Comment

I've never seen a TR stolen valor before. Most I've met tried to minimize their roles and service.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X