Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ek 1 " 20 "

Hi Guys !
    I have this EK 1 , maker " 20 " in case of issue in my Collection .
    Makers Marks is inside the pin , on top with hinge . But look at "1939" on the Cross . This is smaler than my other EK 1 . Is this correct from this maker , C. F. Zimmermann , Pforzheim ? .
    Opinions and comments !!

Lillegutt
    Last edited by Jan Arne S; 03-26-2005, 07:53 AM.

Ek 1 " 20 "

Back of EK 1 .

Lillegutt
    Last edited by Jan Arne S; 03-26-2005, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Lillegut-

At first, I didn't like the look of your cross. But, the more I look at it, the more I think it looks good. I have posted pictures of my Zimmermann example below. Your hinge looks different than mine, but I think it's just the angle the image was taken. Also it is attached lower on the upper arm of the cross. You can also see another example of a "20" EK in the Iron Cross Section of Wermacht-Awards.com. Does anyone have anything else to add about these crosses?

Brian
      Last edited by Brian R; 08-31-2002, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Obverse...
        Attached Files

Comment

Reverse...
          Attached Files

Comment

Mark...
            Attached Files

Comment

Brian,

Nice double-stamper! I've been looking for a double stamped "20" "L/52" for some time. Very nice Cross.

Lillegut - I too have problems with the pin on your EK. But the obverse looks good, so the hinge/pin (called 'findings') could just be from another maker - this happened quite often as demand from one maker outstripped supply, they would purchase a supply of findings from another maker. This should not detract from the quality of your EK.
              Last edited by Mike H.; 08-31-2002, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Lillegut,

Your '20' marked EK1 is fine. I have one marked '20' and a double marked '20' and 'L/52.' Yours matches my two.

Calvin
                -Calvin Hall, repressed Appalachian American.

Desperately seeking a Juncker Knights Cross ribbon loop and well used Knights Cross ribbon!!!

Comment

EK 1 " 20 "

Hi All !
                  Thanks for your response on my EK 1 , maker C. F. Zimmermann . I appreciate that !
                  Nice to hear that it is an authentic one .

Lillegutt

Comment

I´ve got a EK1 just like that (same pin) only NO maker number.
                    Looks great !!!!!

Comment

'20'

I had a Zimmermann piece very similar, if not the same as yours from what I can remember of it, one of my favourites unfortunately, my ex-wife thought she needed it more than me! I am still looking for a replacement.

Andy Mac

Comment

Andy -- replacement?

"unfortunately, my ex-wife thought she needed it more than me! I am still looking for a replacement. "

For the EK or for the ex-wife?

George
                        George

Comment

Replacement

George,
                          That was the SECOND ex-Wife, currently on my third! (a foreign model, much more reliable) women are easy, the Iron Cross is proving the difficult one to find!and knowing what I know now, about women and Iron Crosses, I wish I'd just stayed with the Crosses!

Andy Mac

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X