A Souval cross?

Is this a postwar souval or???

Br. Thomas.
    Best regards Thomas.

WWW.CROWMOOR.DK

Originally posted by Thomas E Hansen View Post
    Is this a postwar souval or???
    Hi Thomas,

It looks to me like a Souval core, but not so the frame. The hardware on the back is definitely postwar.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

For me this is a fake one .... not sure, but guess the marks says L/17 or L/57 - not much Souval going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
        For me this is a fake one .... not sure, but guess the marks says L/17 or L/57 - not much Souval going on here.
        Hello Matthieu,

I think the frame and hardware are both post war or some sort of repro but wonder about the core. My eyes see the 3 as sitting lower than the other numerals, a Souval trait. Do you see it too? If so then perhaps the core is authentic as Tom suggests. Or perhaps it's not sitting lower and I need stronger glasses.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

Complete fake,there are no L/17 EKI and the pin is a 57 type contruction.John

Comment

Originally posted by collecter View Post
            Complete fake,there are no L/17 EKI and the pin is a 57 type contruction.John
            Hi John,

Are you saying the pin is a fake or a 57 version? I agree with you on the stamp but wonder what it is about the pin itself that leads you to believe it is a fake.

I'd also like to know why you feel as you do about the core.

To be clear, I agree this cross has been assembled post war but I'm thinking that at least the core might be authentic. Perhaps the pin a proper 57 version too.

Souvals, even the post war versions are always an interesting topic.

Can anyone comment further on the core?

Regards,
            Stu

Comment

I can't offer anything about the cross in question shown here, but this is how the typical L/17 fake looks like i.g. one-piece, extremely thin numerals and a key-hole hinge.

cheers
              Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

I had a look on the EKI DNA site and it could be a Souval made piece with added L/17 stamp,I've seen a similar cross before,when the core was made I don't know as Souval had all the dies still.The pin is to me 57 style.John

Comment

For me it's Souval's late post war cross with 1957 type of set-up (secondary signature does not Souval's). Of course IMO

Regards
                  Jarek

Comment

As Souval used S&L hardware on some of it's products that is not impossible

Comment

Pure trash !

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
                        As Souval used S&L hardware on some of it's products that is not impossible
                        I did not say that Souval used the S&L set-up
                        I said what I see - it may be full combination (for egzample postwar Frankenstein)...
                        but it's such academic discussion - it is not full Souval, and all

Jarek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X