RK Lazy 2 well made copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK Lazy 2 well made copy

Came across this cross recently which I reckon is a very good copy of a Juncker lazy 2 RK...thought I'd share with the group
    Attached Files

few more
    Attached Files

Comment

last one
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you positive that it's a copy? Or were you posting in the off chance that it could be good without looking bad by asking if it was real

Comment

Appears it is. 3 piece construction...but executed rather well, could you elaborate more on the reasons why it is not original. I notice the ring is wound and meets at the center to the top arm, any idea who this version Of repro Is attributed to? It also has paint speckles on the front, usually found on items vets left in garages exposed to when they repainted the place....it just may be good. Collectors love guys like you who think things are fakes, and then sell them as fakes, later only to find out they sold an original for 12,000 shy, and the novice takes the thunder. IF it's fake, I would keep it if I were you....you may be making a BIG mistake .
          Last edited by juoneen; 10-08-2015, 11:09 PM.

Comment

The reason it is not original? Likely because it had zero attributes to a Juncker or any other maker known to produce RKs during The Second World War. You can't really tell based on all the weird angles but it appears to be one of those well known "new rounder" fakes that have been around for some time. That's likely the reason for the angles of the photos, so you can't see the obvious that clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
              The reason it is not original? Likely because it had zero attributes to a Juncker or any other maker known to produce RKs during The Second World War. You can't really tell based on all the weird angles but it appears to be one of those well known "new rounder" fakes that have been around for some time. That's likely the reason for the angles of the photos, so you can't see the obvious that clearly.

+1

Nicely made, but still easy to spot.

Comment

Nothing original here, but still, please straight on taken photos!

Comment

Originally posted by ben bijker View Post
                  +1

Nicely made, but still easy to spot.
                  Agreed. It is not period. -Ger

Comment

Originally posted by darrell View Post
                    the reason it is not original? Likely because it had zero attributes to a juncker or any other maker known to produce rks during the second world war. You can't really tell based on all the weird angles but it appears to be one of those well known "new rounder" fakes that have been around for some time. That's likely the reason for the angles of the photos, so you can't see the obvious that clearly.
                    +1

Comment

I wondered if it was actually a Rounder rather than new Rounder, but the angles of the photos were throwing me off. I would go new Rounder too I think. Certainly not a lazy 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                      X