Collector Price for a worn Heer Honor Roll Clasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collector Price for a worn Heer Honor Roll Clasp

I am digging into the prospect of finding a Heer Honor Roll Clasp. I've seen them for around 1900 Euro (2500 dollars) on dealer sites for mint examples. I want to find a well worn example. How much can I expect to pay, collector to collector?

Regards
    Paul

Is it cheaper to buy from collectors? When it comes to better items? I donĀ“t know...

Comment

I think it might matter if it's a Klein piece or one from the "Unknown" maker. If someone is interested in having one representative piece, without the possibility of attribution, then the Klein piece is much nicer and may command a slight premium. If the interest is in a worn one that was actually sewed on a tunic, then the maker should not matter, especially if it can be attributed.

Comment

Thank you all. I appreciate the different perspectives.

When I was thinking of collector versus dealer prices, I was referring to the fact that what is posted here on the Estand for for similar prices dealers are asking do not get sold... things here do not move unless at a discounted rate, which seems to be the accepted norm. That was was I was referring to as the "collector to collector" price threshold.

I did not anticipate the price differences with various makers. I am looking for a basic item that would have been awarded from late 1943 onward.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post

When I was thinking of collector versus dealer prices, I was referring to the fact that what is posted here on the Estand for for similar prices dealers are asking do not get sold... things here do not move unless at a discounted rate, which seems to be the accepted norm. That was was I was referring to as the "collector to collector" price threshold.

I did not anticipate the price differences with various makers. I am looking for a basic item that would have been awarded from late 1943 onward.

For me, I think a used and worn Heer Honor Roll Clasp is worth more than a mint piece that sat in some warehouse.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Totally agree, Bob. I think that's the case with most of these awards from the EK or EK-like series.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post

As much as I like attributed awards, there is something to be said for awards that are as rare as the EBS - in that not everyone will find one that is attributed. So, I'm willing to bet that a lot of collectors, especially since "Honor" created and presented the analysis he did, will choose a Klein example if they could just have one. They are clearly nicer examples than the other(s) - something that is consistent with so many other awards (EKs, Combat and Qualifications Badges, etc.)
              Last edited by Brian R; 09-27-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Thank you all. A fellow long time collector and member here allowed me the opportunity to buy his well used Klein for a steal of a price. The significant reduction was due to one of the four pins missing on the reverse. There are signs that it was folded and sewn to a tunic buttonhole!

Thank you all for this discussion.
                Attached Files

Comment

i have two, and actually awarded and worn. fotos, documents, soldbuch
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice my friend! You have the jackpot!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X