Double marked L/52 and 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double marked L/52 and 20

Been after a denazified example of this double marked cross for a few years and finally found one with a crisp stamp and relatively clean swastika removal. I missed the last one I saw and been kicking myself since... Now, if I can just find a denazified L/15 I'll be almost complete as far as manufacturers go...
    Attached Files

Good double mm Zimmermann pity that the swastika removed

Comment

Nice cross.

I don't find removed swastikas a pity; I find them interesting. They demonstrate the shame of the soldier, or anger, or something, who can really say? Maybe just his desire to keep wearing his proudly won cross. In any case there's doubtless a good story behind each one. And thankfully someone collects these unloved treasures.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Same here:

Douglas

Comment

Trevor nailed it!

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Streptile...

Comment

I don't think they are unloved, in fact the opposite. In the case of this rarity the de nazification does not devalue it one bit. Nice find and congratulations...maybe others will show their same examples on this thread. To complete the collection you need one example of each version also de nazified, as they are also a viable example , so I would say you still have many missing swas examples to get the complete collection, if you value them as I do. I would venture to say someone I bet has an almost complete set of the de nazified ones for every manufacturer, because for years they were not considered to have that much value....but a tread on the complete set of makers de nazified will make a great thread. This one is the shiznick !
              Last edited by juoneen; 09-19-2015, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X