Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK I / EK I Spange screwback case

Morning guys,

Would appreciate any input you could provide me with in relation to this case. Am I correct in assuming that it could have been used both for a screwback EK I or a Screwback EK I Spange, and more important is it genuine?

Thanks in advance

KR
    Philippe
    Attached Files

pic 2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 3
      Attached Files

Comment

pic 4
        Attached Files

Comment

Phil can you take a picture of the catch, the catch head as a whole front on (the bit that goes into the upper lid portion.

Does the base also come out at all ?

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Marcus my friend,

These are really the best I can get, based upon these pics I have to decide if I buy it with its content.

So I would appreciate your gut feeling on this one. Based upon the absence of any reaction so far I think a case forum wasn't such a bad idea afterall.

KR
            Philippe

Comment

Of course it was a good idea

Anyway, this case...uummm I'm not overly keen Phil to be honest, let me get back to you on this one please I just need to search a couple more things on these for you (tonight of course...speak to you in a little while)

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Allan what are you're thoughts on this ?

I've found this hard, it's legitimate to have this type of base.....the outer covering is convincing, I'd love to see the catch though, shame about that I could tell for sure then on this one. I can't give you a 101% positive perspective Phil I'm afraid.

Strange there's no little indent at the 12 o'clock position as you find on the more common base thats slightly humped and when made by KB base serial number 635 I think.

You've a cut incuse line around the top instead of a scribed dented type of incuse line......sorry about the description there.

I can't pin it Phil no I'm not 101% happy with it, there is something about the outer covering

Let me have a further ponder and hopefully some of the other guy's will pitch in too.

Kr

Marcus
                Last edited by MH184; 01-11-2005, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Phil if possible I need a pic like this please !!! Of the catch head and stem.

You have my number and e mail Phil.

Comment

Dear Philippe,
                    As a screwback EK1 or screwback EK1 Spange would have been privately purchased I would have liked to see the LDO mark on the interior of the case or the LDO logo on top of the case. That is unless we are talking here about a case for the rare early screwback Spange with curved date bar . In that case there should be a representation of the award impressed on the lid.<O</O
                    Also I think the corners of the case for a Spange should be more rounded or they should be square.<O</O

Taking al these points into consideration I would say, not for my collection.

But then I know next to nothing about these cases...................

KR
                    Pascal

<O</O

Comment

Pascal you have a good line of thought there !!!

But remeber private purchase items were evident before the Ldo an even the Ldo cases as such don't ALL carry the logo.

What are your opinions by the way on a 'case and packet' forum as such for the study and deliberation out of interest?

Kr

Marcus
                      Last edited by MH184; 01-11-2005, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I'd have it, provided its not too expensive.

Push button looks OK, material seperating the top from the base looks to be OK.

Reminds me of the type of case for oakleaves and swords.

But as always, you'll need to handle it!!!

Allan
                        Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
                        Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Sorry to say but the pusch button reminds me off a remake i did see at an auction place, the out side off it also.

Mikael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X