Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juncker EK2 question, ring size?

Hello,

I have aquired some Junckers during the time when I have collected, and by looking at some of them I noticed that they have different ring size.

The one with glossy paint is a Juncker with W&L core and the other one with Juncker core.

What could the ring size depend on?

Best regards,
    Daniel
    Attached Files

Perhaps something to do with where they were manufactured?

Best regards,
    Daniel

Comment

Hí Daniel
      This not problem,this have occurs on the early pieces,that the size different and
      here see ,that on the early pieces jump rings well other,
      is have ring weld type too interesting not common.
      Attached Files

Comment

here is my piece a such with ring weld type
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Sanya!
          I was thinking on that it could have somethimg to do with W&L and Juncker differneces.

Best regards,
          Daniel

Comment

I think is yes, although not proven, but was connection the wto manufacturer between

Comment

When we see a Juncker with W&L core, we maybe should start to compare the ring with other Juncker or maybe W&L rings too?

Best regards,
              Daniel

Comment

Ring sizes do vary with Juncker EK2s and other makers . Have 3 sizes here - as shown - I might have a large ring also .
                Could be to save material or a smaller ring for mounting on a metal bar . As can be seen .... 2 different size rings with brass brazing .
                2 looks like a thin brass foil wrapped around and then melted on ...and as 3 may indicate a 'drip' of brass to connect the ends only with no over spill .

Something of interest is that there are at least 2 different lug shapes as well .

Douglas
                Attached Files

Comment

Interesting!
                  I understand that the ring size might vary within the maker as frames and cores do, but is it a possible theory that Junckers with W&L core have bigger/different size than other Junckers with normal cores? That the ring size could in some way be associated with W&L assembled Juncker?

Best regards,
                  Daniel

Comment

Of my three Juncker Ek2, All have differing ring sizes with the Non magnetic type having the smallest ring of them all.
                    regards John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X