unmarked RK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unmarked RK?

Opinions please on the attached RK.I only have a couple of pictures currently available but the cross is unmarked, dimensions are;
    Width 48.5mm, Height 48.5mm, Thickness 4.8mm Weight approx 25-30g..
    any ideas on possible maker? I've highlighted some concerns expressed to me by others

cheers, Thomas
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TMurray; 04-19-2005, 10:03 PM.

and the reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

that's unlike you guys, not one opinion??

Comment

Steinhauer & Luck.
        Could you provide photos of the dates and swastika ?

Cheers.
        Peter

Comment

That's an interesting looking core. I'd also like to see the sides and how it's put together. But it's trying to be an S&L.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
            That's an interesting looking core. I'd also like to see the sides and how it's put together. But it's trying to be an S&L.

That does look like an S&L. However, there is no 800 mark. Also, there appears to be paint on the 10 oclcock corner of the beading on the swaz. Is that the "harry blip" on the frame to the left? Do you have some better close-ups of the beading near the swaz as well as the "blip"? Thanks

Comment

thanks guys, no other photos yet, will posty them as received. Has no marks whatsoever, i thought S&L but how many were unmarked?

rgds Thomas

Comment

Thomas.

Check this thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=casted
                Is the cross the same one as in post 25 by Dave in that thread ?

Cheers.
                Peter

Comment

Hi Peter, good pick up, as fas as I know it isnt the same cross, perhaps it comes from the same source? From what I gather with Dave Kane's comments, it could be a post war assembled S&L? certainly looking that way to me.

Thomas

Comment

Thomas re: the pics posted on another thread that cross indeed was post war utilizing S&L parts....overall a very sloppy job of finishing, paint etc.

The cross you picture in this thread looks incredibly familiar ( as if discussed previously ) but I just can't recall.
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Which is why I asked above for photos of the side views. How well is it put together?

Comment

I know I've seen that 'pimple' in the 12oc arm before and it's frustrating being unable to recall!!

Talk about age setting in....
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by tom hansen
                          That does look like an S&L. However, there is no 800 mark. Also, there appears to be paint on the 10 oclcock corner of the beading on the swaz. Is that the "harry blip" on the frame to the left? Do you have some better close-ups of the beading near the swaz as well as the "blip"? Thanks
                          The 'blip' is there, it always appears at the level of beading notch #7, counting from below
                          Last edited by Harry; 07-10-2007, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry
                            The 'blip' is there, it always appears at the level of beading notch #7, counting from below
                            There you go. Fake with blip. Fakers, now you know to buff your blips off

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X