MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the knights cross and Soldbuch/Wehrpass of Otto Skorzeny ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the knights cross and Soldbuch/Wehrpass of Otto Skorzeny ??

Hi Guy's
    Just out of curiosity , does anybody knows were the Knights Cross ( and all his other awards) and his soldbuch or wehrpass is ??. is it in a museum or in a private collection ??

Marcel

Originally posted by voelender View Post
    Hi Guy's
    Just out of curiosity , does anybody knows were the Knights Cross ( and all his other awards) and his soldbuch or wehrpass is ??. is it in a museum or in a private collection ??

Marcel
    Skorzeny's wartime KC with OLs was taken from him in 1945 by an american GI and currently resides in a private collection.
    Attached Files

Comment

Other papers, mostly postwar, were sold by an auction house some years back.

An example: his OdR card
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks so far
        Please have a look at the picture. This is the "ordenskissen" which was used during the funeral.
        The ribbon of the Knights cross looks longer then the ribbon on the other picture !!!
        I have heard that all his awards are still in the possesion of the familly. is this correct ??
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks so far
          Please have a look at the picture. This is the "ordenskissen" which was used during the funeral.
          The ribbon of the Knights cross looks longer then the ribbon on the other picture !!!
          I have heard that all his awards are still in the possesion of the familly. is this correct ??
          No, these are ALL replacement awards, as told to me by him. The RK w/oaks shown earlier, are his original wartime pieces. They are in a private collection in California Tom

Comment

Tom

Thanks for your reply. You mentioned "as told to me by him" Who is "him" ?
            Skorzeny him self ??

Comment

Mr. Skorzeny sold many of his awards. More often then he received them.
              Like the DKiG that had the bad inscription.
              I would be VERY catious about any awards that belonged to him.

Comment

LOL- so he bought and resold awards as his personal items? A nice way to suppliment his income back then, I guess. Kinda like the Jesse Jame's family selling pistols as his.

Comment

Isn't possessing something like his wartime RK considered stolen property by international law? I was told this some years back.

Comment

Originally posted by SSamir View Post
                    Isn't possessing something like his wartime RK considered stolen property by international law? I was told this some years back.
                    Experience shows that this kind of law is only existing for the winners of wars...

To be honest: Yes, it was a crime (by then existing international law) to take the privat property (including decorations) from a POW. On the other side You can't criminalize the actual owner 70 years later, without knowledge when and how he got the property.

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                      Experience shows that this kind of law is only existing for the winners of wars...

To be honest: Yes, it was a crime (by then existing international law) to take the privat property (including decorations) from a POW. On the other side You can't criminalize the actual owner 70 years later, without knowledge when and how he got the property.

Kind regards, Peter
                      Gotcha. Thanks Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                        Skorzeny's wartime KC with OLs was taken from him in 1945 by an american GI and currently resides in a private collection.
                        I doubt it's any secret that this is the Steve Wolfe, Neil Hardin table at the Max or SOS show.

Comment

Tom

Thanks for your reply. You mentioned "as told to me by him" Who is "him" ?
                          Skorzeny him self ??

Yes, I'm also interested to know who "Him" is. Not that it's any of my business.

Kecon

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                            From Adrian Forman's book.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X