EK2 Authenticity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Authenticity?

Last edited by NewCollector28; 07-10-2015, 03:39 PM.

Strange sign.

WR Kirill

Comment

Nope, Floch it appears. (which equates to fake)

And I never thought I'd say this, but:

These photos are too BIG!!! Holy crap. I had to set my screen zoom down to 25%. :o

best
      Hank
      Last edited by Hank C.; 07-10-2015, 07:54 PM. Reason: more info
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Can't see anything useful to the envelope, but the ek is not original....

Comment

Ribbon original, rest bad

Comment

It's known Floch Fake (they are usually signed 48 or 49)

Regards
            Jarek

Comment

Wow talk about big pictures.
              I did them smaller.

It´s a Floch fake, sorry

Andy
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I too feared it to be a Floch, which I had only recently learned of through the tremendous amount of information on this forum. Thank you to all who responded, and special thanks to AndyC for adjusting the image sizes for me. Luckily, I purchased this from a well respected collector who will gladly refund my money if I was able to prove to him it wasn't authentic. Thank again guys, I'll get my first EK one day!

Comment

Originally posted by NewCollector28 View Post
                      I too feared it to be a Floch, which I had only recently learned of through the tremendous amount of information on this forum. Thank you to all who responded, and special thanks to AndyC for adjusting the image sizes for me. Luckily, I purchased this from a well respected collector who will gladly refund my money if I was able to prove to him it wasn't authentic. Thank again guys, I'll get my first EK one day!
                      Oh, and by the way:

Welcome to the Forum! Look around and enjoy yourself. Despite a bad apple from time to time, WAF is far and away THE place to discuss militaria on the web.

all the best,
                      Hank
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

I agree with Jarek
                        Originally posted by boch_62 View Post
                        It's known Floch Fake (they are usually signed 48 or 49)

Regards
                        Jarek

Comment

UPDATE!

I was able to return the Floch to my collector friend. Not only was this new collector able to teach him about something he's never heard of before, I found something even better than just getting my money back!
                          It appears to be a textbook Schenkl in near mint condition with a beautiful patina and original issue packet and ribbon. Thank you to all who have helped me.

Comment

It is very far from "near mint condition". But comparing to the previous one it is a nice substitution! Congratulations!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X