Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight's Cross of the KVK

Hello,
    I posted this one a few months back and received mostly positive feedback - http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=791488. But it was left at the end with a couple of doubts or unclear verdicts, so I've tried to take better photos for one more review. IMO, both the cross and ribbon are original, but I'm by no means an expert on these and wanted to be sure before I sell the cross.
    Thank you,
    Dale

First the ribbon.
    Attached Files

Now the cross.
    Attached Files

Comment

a
      Attached Files

Comment

b
        Attached Files

Comment

last one
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I would pass on it. See comment DM in this thread.

Best regards,
            Blitz

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...&highlight=KVK

Comment

Blitz,
              The cross in that thread is a completely different die from the one I posted. As stated by others in the previous thread I made of this cross and the thread you just posted, the die flaws are not always present, so to use it as the sole criteria for judging an award makes no sense to me.
              Dale

Comment

What I am saying, or what I repeat from DM, the crosses with the flaws are proven time period. The crosses without the flaws are not. That does not mean they are proven fake.

Greetz,
                Blitz

Comment

Hi Blitz,
                  I think you have misinterpreted what Dietrich said. No where in that thread did he say that only the ones with flaws can be proven original. He referred only to the fact that the cross in that thread was a completely different die from the accepted Deschler die, which he plainly states existed without flaws in early crosses.

Maybe Dietrich can clarify when he gets a chance to see this thread.
                  Dale

Comment

Originality is in this case not a question of having the later flaws but rather whether the RK in question us made from the same die. Flaws develop in most cases over the production time.
                    The one in the thread Blitzbündel mentioned is from a different die and that is quite unlikely during wartime.

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Hi Dietrich,
                      Thank you for the clarification. When I compare the one I have posted with others I've viewed that have been deemed original, I can't see any difference in the dies, which makes me believe it is original. But again, I am by no means an expert and was hoping for a more solid vote as to whether or not this one is original. In the old thread, it was rated as original by everyone until Blitzbündel threw in the lack of flaws comment. I was hoping for a more definitive yes or no in this thread, but if it's not coming, then I guess I might as well return this to the estate and they can send it to the repro box. I really wanted to sell it to get some money for the estate, but guess I'm going to have to give up on that.
                      Dale

Comment

Hi Dale,

this one here in this thread is IMHO as far as I can see an original.

Dietrich
                        B&D PUBLISHING
                        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Thank you Dietrich!

Comment

I like this one!

Comment

Thank you Ludwig.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X