Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross 2nd Class 1939 - CD 935 - ?

Hello,

I've this cross on my desk for a while, looking for info, but can't find out. So I took some quick photos. The Cross is marked with 'CD 935' on the ribbon ring. The CD mark on WW1 Crosses is for 'Carl Dillenius', but I've never seen a marking like this on a WW2 Period cross before. edit: so maybe ww1 period ring, placed on ww2 cross.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Varsity; 07-06-2015, 11:45 AM.

And the marking
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jim,

In my opinion the ring has been replaced, not by opening it, but by bending the small ring open a bit (which is soldered only on one side anyway).
      Attached Files
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
        Hi Jim,

In my opinion the ring has been replaced, not by opening it, but by bending the small ring open a bit (which is soldered only on one side anyway).

could be. But the sloppy soldered small ring can be found on many crosses, so generally it is nothing that would make me feel uncomfortable. So another possibility (which is much simpler) is that the loop is just right and the small ring was soldered less carefully. I would like to handle the cross personally to make a judgement.

greetings, Stefan

Comment

...but most Souval EK2s have a small ring soldered on one side only. This is totally normal.
          Best regards,
          Streptile

Comment

Cross has a ring from an imperial ek2 from Carl Dilllenius.
            I recognize this one... was discussed before
            http://wehrmacht-awards.com/Forums/s...d.php?t=736648

Comment

Did the maker on the ring sub contract from souval? The cross appears to be a souval....and if the ring was replaced it wasn't a bad job, but just off a smidgen in the back....unless it was original to it, and got tweaked at one time and may be why it is off, as to does appear bent . I agree doesn't seem to be anything to worry about....if this was re soldered it was well done...
              Last edited by juoneen; 07-06-2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Who's talking about solder? This was done in 5 seconds by opening the small unsoldered ring.
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Comment

Originally posted by Nightstalker View Post
                  Cross has a ring from an imperial ek2 from Carl Dilllenius.
                  I recognize this one... was discussed before
                  http://wehrmacht-awards.com/Forums/s...d.php?t=736648
                  Thats one of my photos.... I didn't remember that I had shown this cross to someone last year (And I'm not that old yet).
                  I wasn't awere that it was put on the forum anyway.

Thanks for the reactions so far.
                  If Souval got these from a sub contract you would think more crosses with a similar ring would be around, I've never seen this combination.

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                    Who's talking about solder? This was done in 5 seconds by opening the small unsoldered ring.
                    I can't believe people keep missing what Trevor is saying. Its a Souval EKII which someone has added the WWI ring to. The back of the suspension ring is mostly never soldered in place onto the rear frame so it is very easy to open it a tad, put this ring on and then gently squeeze the suspension ring shut a little. Nice cross.

Comment

Thanks Tony.
                      Best regards,
                      Streptile

Comment

That's the deal; A plain ol' Souval sexed up with an Imperial ring...

Comment

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
                          That's the deal; A plain ol' Souval sexed up with an Imperial ring...
                          Clear

Comment

Hí guys
                            I agree with Trevor and Tony is right ,this is a exchanged ring a on the Souval cross
                            the cross condition is good and piece is original wartime period IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X