Iron Cross repetition Clasp 1939

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Cross repetition Clasp 1939

I find it good. I could see no manufacturer under the band. I look forward to your opinions.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

It's an early style (no wing veins) Deumer.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        It's an early style (no wing veins) Deumer.

Ian
        Hello Ian,

Can you estimate a production date? I associate a scalloped end date box with early but have never really been clear on the time lines for early, mid and late.

Thanks.

Regards,
        Stu

Comment

Sorry Stu, you just exhausted my sum knowledge of these I have the later style Deumer, the type with the wing veins.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Stu W View Post
            Hello Ian,

Can you estimate a production date? I associate a scalloped end date box with early but have never really been clear on the time lines for early, mid and late.

Thanks.

Regards,
            Stu
            Hi Stu,

In my opinion:

There were two main directives concerning the design of the Spange. The first was directed towards the three makers using scalloped dateboxes (presumed to be Juncker, Boerger and Meybauer), requiring them to straighten the datebox edges. Some time soon thereafter was another directive requiring feather veins on all feathers.

Thus some makers have only one type of Spange (if they used a straight-edge datebox full-vein design right from 1939) while others (e.g. Juncker) have as many as three types (scalloped datebox half-vein, straight datebox half-vein, straight datebox full-vein) as they redesigned with each new directive:

IMG_4366 copy.jpg

Deumer probably has two types (straight datebox half-vein, straight datebox full-vein), since they made straight dateboxes right from 1939.

As to exactly when these changes were mandated, I don't know. But I do believe Ian is correct that this Spange (if genuine) is an early type without full veins.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thanks. That's a great explanation and much appreciated.

Regards,
              Stu

Comment

Thanks for the excellent statement

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X