This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK Juncker L12 Generalleutnant attributed

Before I find a new nest for this jewel, I'd like to present it to you, so we'll have the thread to its dedication.

This RK was awarded in year 1941 to Generalleutnant Schlieper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Schlieper

It shows that it was used, worn, and not locked in a drawer. Excelent patina gives the right charm and also the center black part is very well preserved. Never cleaned and untouched plus it comes with an early "orrange" ribbon.

I hope you like it as much as I do.

PS: please no comments why i'm selling it. That is how I decided.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I don't think anyone would have a problem with why you want to sell it, It's just a shame that you decided to sell the case and his documents seperately without offering them as a group to start.

Mark

Comment

Well actualy I did, just not publicly on the forum. As i wrote,...it is hard to find a buyer for all together, except for a low low price. Most collectors are focused on certain field of collecting so I must follow that. Thats how I will also make happy as many persons as possible,...it is not fair that I'm the one who keeps all the joy for myself .

Comment

Hi how do you know it was awarded in 1941 to Generalleutnant Schlieper?

Martin

Comment

AND...what makes you feel to sell it complete, that it would have to be sold for less????
            ( I also would like to know how you know it's schliepers?)

Comment

Hey guys. I bought the cross together with other Schliepers items (documents, articles, promotion documents,...). You could be here arguing for 7 days what it is or what it is not but i have no interest of doing that. Even my selling price is not 4000 eur over the price of regular L12 RK, but roughly 10%. Based on what I have in hand and the facts that i reconsidered, I can sleep well and be firmly sure that the cross is Schliepers. If somebody would like to think otherwise, you do that, but then we can talk of each item that was ever sold as attributed. Each individual has his own mind what or how to think and so do I.

I have a taste of my own of collecting and for me certain things have more value. For example I will rather buy an attributed EK1 then a regular one. There are milions of EK1s out there so you can buy one every day, but it just doesnt give you the same feeling. Same is with RKs. There are plenty out there avaleable for sale (weitze, winkler, militaria berlin, emedals,...) but all are just plain RKs. You will never know where it was, or whoos it was. If you are a full sceptical, then you dont need to think about this, and just look for ordinary items for the lowest price possible, but if you are a serious collector, then you know what matters mostly in this hobby,...THE HISTORY of each item. To me a known past (a beleavable one) is simply PRICELESS!! You are surely welcome to search if you can find a close portrait of Schlieper wearing his RK and compare it with this. I wasnt able to do that yet.

Comment

Its a big shame to split and destroy such nice General lot. Every true collectors will agree with me ! Amazing lot like this have much higher value than single Knight cross. KC is not numbered or signed that is from General. And if you split it from documents,photos,case and other items ,stay only single order and you will not get more money for it than market value !

In my opinion you are doing big mistake with destroying such nice group !
                If you will leave it like it is ˝ in one piece ˝you will also have reference from auction house where you bought it ! Think twice before you will make huge mistake and destroy such great part of history !

Comment

Originally posted by germanmedals View Post
                  I wasnt able to do that yet.
                  You are too impatient. That grouping was sold just 6 weeks back and you would have been very lucky if you could have found a photo of Schlieper in such a short period

It's a very nice grouping but as the others say its a shame to split it. But still thanks for the picture. I have inspected the cross as well and its a real beauty!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes, a shame indeed. I bought the two 57ers RKs pictured and some copies of the awards. I couldn't resist.

Comment

Yes guys i totaly agree with you and I'm doing my best that it stays together as much as possible. Even SSamir got many pictures and documents so that the two 57 crosses preserve their attribution and even if I end up selling only the cross, the buyer will get as much as possible that the cross keeps his history. I think that I have offered to all who shown the interest of having this cross, that they buy also the other items, but as I said, not many can afford to buy all, and if they are willing to buy more items, their offers are just to low to accept them based on what is on the table here.

Comment

In my opinion its a Big shame , too . That is destroying History. Sorry for my Bad Englisch but where is an offer for everything together? You think there will be no buyer? Did you do an Offer here on Table for getting everything together ? I didnt See anything

Comment

as soon as you sell the cross on its own its just another RK with no history so its not worth more than a standard L12, the next owner has no proof who owned it

if sold as a group then it would be worth more than each piece separate

asking more for it on its own dont make sense

Comment

My inbox is always open for offers

Comment

I'm sure one day an L/12 will miraculously reappear with the documents as such and thus the group is intact. Someone else will have an L/12 attributed to the same person. Guess who'll believe who then???

It's the old game of "creating groupings". Been going on since 1945 ... won't end anytime soon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X