Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S&L KC 935 opinion

Gentleman,

Just have these three photos for your thoughts. Marked 800 on loop and 935 on frame. I can see the 3 and 6 die flaws. Pre 45?

Thanks.

Nice

Nice Cross

It's a nice S&L B-frame. But only the b-frame
    MM 935/4 and 800/4 is proved wartime.
    This type are in a grey zone believed early postwar by many.
    Still a nice cross with value, just not as much as the proven types.

BR
    Nicolai

Comment

Originally posted by tystgaard View Post
      Nice Cross

It's a nice S&L B-frame. But only the b-frame
      MM 935/4 and 800/4 is proved wartime.
      This type are in a grey zone believed early postwar by many.
      Still a nice cross with value, just not as much as the proven types.

BR
      Nicolai
      Yes, I agree Tom

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Nicolai and Tom B. I always try and research the forum beforehand for answers to save the naive questions. I did come across the A,B and even C (?) type frame discussions.

An extra dimension to the thread, this is advertised as being published in G.Williamson's book, KC of the IC A history 1939-45. Page 22 if you have it (I don't ).

Comment

Originally posted by Tom M View Post
          ... An extra dimension to the thread, this is advertised as being published in G.Williamson's book, KC of the IC A history 1939-45. Page 22 if you have it (I don't ).
          That book was written in 1987! At that point in time the research into the Knights Cross (and all other orders and medals of the Third Reich) was very rudimentary and was more or less treated by some "in the know" like secret knowledge of a small circle. All the crosses on page 22 are fakes and so are the Oakleaves. That book is valuable as a history of the Knights Cross (just as the title implies), as a collector guide it has zero value (just as a lot of othere and even younger books.)

The topic of S&L and the frame types is actually no longer anything that should pose a problem to a collector nor to an honest dealer.

Dietrich
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Thanks for your input Dietrich.

I was aware it was an old book. As I didn't have it, maybe the KC was pictured on Page 22 with an accompanying 'story'.

Clearly the advertiser has got their knickers in a twist then and it's not pictured?

I don't fully undertand the "frame types not posing a problem". Are you suggesting A, B, and C are pre 45 or only A?

Apologies if I'm being a pain!

Comment

What I meant is that it is (now) very easy to identify the frame types and based on athat one easily can determine (combined with markings) the time of production. All A-Types are war-time, the B-Types 935-4 and 800-4 are proven to be war-time, everything else is post-war.
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                What I meant is that it is (now) very easy to identify the frame types and based on athat one easily can determine (combined with markings) the time of production. All A-Types are war-time, the B-Types 935-4 and 800-4 are proven to be war-time, everything else is post-war.
                Thanks for the clarification Dietrich. Appreciate it.

Comment

Hi

If you buy Dietrichs great KC book. You Will learn alot
                  about the KCs

The A frame all wartime. The die after long use was reworked
                  to the B-frame. The 935/4 and the 800/4 was produced some time in
                  1944 forward. Other types produced Around 1945-46 but not proven wartime.
                  The B-frame was used to around 1960 when the C frame was introduced.

Hope I explain it correct.

BR
                  Nicolai

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tystgaard View Post
                      If you buy Dietrichs great KC book. You Will learn alot
                      about the KCs
                      I agree fully. -Ger

Comment

Everybody just talking about the frame types...and how interesting the more core types used by S&L?
                        Because the frame discussion is too discussed,the using of different core types is the new dimension...

Comment

Very true even with the 57er RKs. Two types of core being used at the same time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                          X