German Cross in Gold maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross in Gold maker?

Good day all. A couple of years ago I purchased this DK in Gold for a very cheap price as the cross has been badly damaged at some point. The obverse looks quite tidy & the damage to the reverse doesn't detract from the award for display purposes. The medal has had the rivets crudely removed & as such the award can be broken down into its separate components. I know it's a long shot but I was wondering if any one could identify the maker through any tell tale manufacturing techniques or distinguishing marks as the original makers mark appears lost through the rivet removal. Hopefully the attached pictures will be ok as they're taken on my phone & I've just noticed that I haven't rotated the obverse picture before uploading.

Many thanks

Dave
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave Jones; 06-03-2015, 06:18 AM.

maker "20

Comment

Put together or reconstructed??? Rivets look to have been pounded out or something.
      Van

Comment

Two more pictures of the DK.
        Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks Kraut 72. How can you tell it's a 20?

Comment

Hello
            Its a 20 Zimmerman because of the four rivets and catch set up on the rear.

If you look at approximately 11 o'clock on the starburst, you will see the die flaw which looks like an extra bump.

Hope this helps

Lee

Comment

Brilliant stuff CCFC, that's a most excellent bit of information. Many thanks indeed.

Best wishes

Dave.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
              X