RK-KvK in Zinc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK-KvK in Zinc

This came back with all original material. However, it is very thick and appears to be made of zinc with a bronze undercoat and silver color plating. The ribbon is absolutely original and was cut for mounting with pins. This leads me to believe it is for a display. The cross is not a souval thick type as the pebblung is different. I hold out no hope that it is valuable, but would like to know if anyone has seen such a cross.

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

If I am not misstaken, Erich Weise from the "Wiking" had a zink cross, that was stolen from him at a veteran´s meeting, in the 80´s or 90´s.

Comment

Why would Dr. Doehle order or sanction one of the highest order of the Third Reich in zink when he had the storage full of perfectly nice silver examples as wittnessed by the large amount of RK to the KVK "liberated" by GIs?
      Post war in my humble opinion.
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
        Why would Dr. doehle order or sanction one of the highest order of the Third Reich in zink when he had the storage full of perfectly nice silver examples as wittnessed by the large amount of RK to the KVK "liberated" by GIs?
        Post war in my humble opinion.
        I certainly agree there would be little or no reason for production in zinc when there were silver medals in surplus. Because of the source, and the original ribbon, I was curious about this as I have never seen one before and I collect this medal in its variations. The ribbon is far harder to find than the medal. There seems to be little interest in the RK-KvK.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Helmut Weitze calls these "place holders', meant for display in shops, etc..

Zinc RK-KVK's, both with and without swords, have been found on S&L "souvenir boards" (which also made crosses in '935' silver with a '4' PKZ number for award purposes). I haven't handled one in years and haven't studied them to see if this might be one of theirs. Their RK-KVK without swords has the same ribbed suspension
          loop as the RK-KVK with swords, instead of a smooth loop. (Their miniatures can be seen with this same feature.)

I personally think these are exactly what Weitze says they are. They are certainly not pieces made for award.

Comment

Here's one currently on Weitze. The description (rough Google translation):

"Knight's Cross of War Merit Cross 1939 with swords

late production of refined zinc plated, without marking the manufacturer, with the 29 cm long original neck strap. Worn piece in good condition."

I'm sure we'll eventually have the usual discussions on these things.
            Attached Files

Comment

I agree that they are display pieces. Tom

Comment

Have nothing to do with any so called Display Pieces. I would think if someone get this high order he would sure not like to see then a low range quality made Order in the Shop. And as written......why would they produce any of them when the storage is full with nice silver made Medals? Simple Bullcrap. Not all what Mr. Weitze call original is original.......and this in my humble Opinion 101.1% NOT.

Comment

Hi Guys!
                  Could it be that if you wanted to buy a second cross to wear in the "field" at a lower price this was an option?

Best regards
                  Martin

Comment

When you have a KC with Diamonds its a logic thing. But i dont think that many Owners of this Award fight in the Field Maybe they did fight across a bed with some nice blond woman in it.......

Originally posted by Sparvhök View Post
                    Hi Guys!
                    Could it be that if you wanted to buy a second cross to wear in the "field" at a lower price this was an option?

Best regards
                    Martin

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                      When you have a KC with Diamonds its a logic thing. But i dont think that many Owners of this Award fight in the Field Maybe they did fight across a bed with some nice blond woman in it.......
                      Now I'm not with you, for example, what awards did they got that repaired tanks on the battlefield?

Mvh
                      Martin
                      Last edited by BMB; 05-21-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

if someone get this high order he would sure not like to see then a low range quality made Order in the Shop.
                        You are looking at artifacts with nearly 80 years of aging present.
                        9 times out of 10 you would not be able to distinguish between silver plated zinc and solid silver when those were first made.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Sure not the Knight Cross of the KVK. And about this we talk here. And that one who get this Award usually dont see much Action on the Front. And so i would thing they would look to have a High Quaity Award arround there neck. And as written here, when there was the Storage full of nice Silver made Awards why to do the work and make Zinkers? Well no one knows what was going on at that time short before the war was over, everything is possible, just for me it make no sense at all .

Now I'm not with you, for example, what awards they got that repaired tanks on the battlefield?

Mvh
                          Martin

Comment

Sure not the Knight Cross of the KVK. And about this we talk here. And that one who get this Award usually dont see much Action on the Front. And so i would thing they would look to have a High Quaity Award arround there neck. And as written here, when there was the Storage full of nice Silver made Awards why to do the work and make Zinkers? Well no one knows what was going on at that time short before the war was over, everything is possible, just for me it make no sense at all .
                            Fritz Huss, SS- Obersturmfûrer 2 Kompanie of the tank repair workshop off 2 SS-Panzer Division "Das Reich" was awarded the Knight's of the War Merit Cross!

Best regards
                            Martin

Comment

Ok, so we have one.Lets say its 10.....its imo simple not worth to produce them in Zink. If i would be awarded with this one, i sure would like to have a nice one in Silver. I stick to my Opinion, this is crap and postwar produced.

Fritz Huss, SS- Obersturmfûrer 2 Kompanie of the tank repair workshop off 2 SS-Panzer Division "Das Reich" was awarded the Knight's of the War Merit Cross!

Best regards
                              Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X