Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions Oakleaves with Swords

Hello

I need your opinions Oakleaves with Swords to the Knight's Cross in Case. Sorry, I have no more Pics!

Thank you
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

IMO nice original set ! Tom

Comment

the swords look good from the pictures. Isn't that a Diamond's case`?

greetings, Stefan

Comment

Some of the "Know it All" people will be jealous ! Tom

Comment

I like it to very nice original set.

Comment

Amazing for sure, congrats
                  Regards,
                  Mats

Comment

Cross and case are OK, no doubt. The swords set looks really nice, BUT I would expect sharper edges at the reverse. Have a look in Dietrich Maerz´ book, page 285, and you´ll see what I mean. Of course "softer" edges can be the result of polishing. These were finished by hand.

Comment

These oaks looks good to me, not an expert though... Let's see what Dietrich Maerz says.

Comment

Am I the only one wondering when it comes to authenticate Oaks and Ol&S?

Not long ago, high res Pictures of certent areas were needed, because of the use of ,I think it was called, micro casting. And better yet, in hand examination by the Experts, also because of the minute details that had to be right-

Or am I remembering wrong here?

Just been wondering a bit, as the last couple Oaks/Ol&S were authenticated only based on Pictures looking like these.

/Flemming

PS I am not questioning this set, as these are by far out of my League...even though I do have Dietrichs excellent book on this subject.

Comment

Blatant fakes are very easy to detect. But it is a different matter with fakes that are very close to originals. It is fairly easy to say something is good when being an anonymous member on a forum. But it is a different matter if you have back it up in the open.
                          Having seen extremely well made fake I am personally very reluctant to say something about such high priced and rare items unless I can be fairly sure based on other indicators. Knights Crosses are easy, Oaks and Oaks with Swords are a complete different matter all together.

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                            Blatant fakes are very easy to detect. But it is a different matter with fakes that are very close to originals. It is fairly easy to say something is good when being an anonymous member on a forum. But it is a different matter if you have back it up in the open.
                            Having seen extremely well made fake I am personally very reluctant to say something about such high priced and rare items unless I can be fairly sure based on other indicators. Knights Crosses are easy, Oaks and Oaks with Swords are a complete different matter all together.

Dietrich
                            Hi Dietrich, in your expert opinion this set could be one of those extremely well made fakes?

Comment

As I said earlier: one can only say something solid if you have them in hand and under magnification.
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X