• Show
Clear All

Early Souval silver DK and a long Service SS

Think these are post war Souval

Correct?

Thanks
    Nicolai
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tystgaard; 04-19-2015, 02:31 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Under all circumstances they are fakes! The hardware on the DK is typical Souval post war.

Comment

Why it is moved here so we can't show Souvals anymore ???

Comment

Originally posted by Borzadow View Post
            Why it is moved here so we can't show Souvals anymore ???

What? There are lot of Souvals shown here!

Comment

yeah, but new regulations says that they are not allowed here anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Borzadow View Post
                yeah, but new regulations says that they are not allowed here anymore...
                If you mean with "here" the 1957 forum (which is now "there") I agree with that regulation. These pieces are not 1957 versions, they are fakes of original pre May 1945 versions and should be shown in Crosses in the case of the German Cross!

Dietrich
                B&D PUBLISHING
                Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Dietrich, the trouble is that here the are crapped on even more than they were in the 57er and other post war items forum. At least there, until certain members could no longer control themselves, a civil discussion could be held. It is understandably not so here as this is meant to be for TR period crosses etc and post war items are all seen as fakes (including 57ers). A little frustrating for those who like to collect these, but understandable here where people are focusing on TR items.

Anyway, on we go.

Comment

I have always thought that there should be an entire section dedicated to Fakes of all kinds here in the forum. That way the souval lovers could be ever so happy in their field of collecting fakes. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                      I have always thought that there should be an entire section dedicated to Fakes of all kinds here in the forum. That way the souval lovers could be ever so happy in their field of collecting fakes. Tom
                      Pretty soon they will be more popular and expensive than the real ones

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                        I sure HOPE that never happens !!!!!!! If they had their own section then we would not have to be subjected to the whole FAKE arena ! Tom

Comment

Souval

Dont see the problem if presented as postwar items. Due to High prices on wartime
                          items. Early postwar ones are the next best thing. And as many collects them
                          they gets an investing and collectors wants to
                          know more about them. The old items from Souval and S&l
                          have quality and have a history. The many veterans there lost awards
                          doing the war offen purchased these items. Its important
                          to ID and date these and not to purchase items that are modern, faked
                          to look old.

To me there are a big difference on Early Souval / S&L - and later pieces / And modern pieces made by fakers for criminal intensions. Fake is just a too black and
                          white word for a 70 years old postwar period.

I thought the 57 forum was the best place to post these, as some of the 57 interested members knows a lot about
                          postwar items. I did not know the thread where moved, just thought I had posted it in the Crosses section by mistake.
                          If the moderators feel it's the best section I will respect that. The idea for a section dedicated to Souval and S&l non 57 postwar items would
                          be perfect:-)

Best Regards
                          Nicolai
                          Last edited by tystgaard; 04-20-2015, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                            I have a Souval! Anyone want to trade it for a Juncker?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                              I have always thought that there should be an entire section dedicated to Fakes of all kinds here in the forum.
                              there is. It's the Estand

regards
                              jon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X