DKiS in Cellophane with Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisje110 View Post
    Its a very nice mind set, but i would be a bit worried ablout the Cellophane, it should be more yellowisch after 65+ years.
    I agree. Very nice set but the cellophane should have deteriorated at least a little. Nice find. Congrats. -Ger

Comment

Hi, I understand the concerns regarding the colour band around the box, and the main concern is the cellophane, I have a pair of Litze that was housed in Cellophane for 70+ years and they were kept in an envelope and not exposed to the oxygen and it's still in a mint condition. no cracking or yellowing.
      Perhaps we could be looking at the Date 1941 closer or if it has 11 0'clock flaw.

But, what a find if real :-)

Regards SK

Comment

Originally posted by chrisje110 View Post
        Its a very nice mind set, but i would be a bit worried ablout the Cellophane, it should be more yellowisch after 65+ years.
        Not nessecarily. Depends of how it has been stored among other things. I have seen very old cellophane still chrystal clear. I´m not saying that this cellophane is good (or bad) but it´s possible.

Comment

Dear all

I am not really concerned about the golden strip,
          according to Maerz DK book Page 342 states that the Zimmermann's silver DK are housing in golden stripped case and no found of any silver stripped example.

to the Cellophane, is that possible the case kept it oxygen isolated?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ERIC LIN View Post
            Dear all

I am not really concerned about the golden strip,
            according to Maerz DK book Page 342 states that the Zimmermann's silver DK are housing in golden stripped case and no found of any silver stripped example.

to the Cellophane, is that possible the case kept it oxygen isolated?

thanks
            This is correct regarding the gold stripe on the case for the Zimmermann DKiS.

Gary B
            ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X