Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vernon E Bowen

Hello,

Can anybody tell me if the researcher and author is still alive please?

Thank you, Keith

I am sure Adrian Forman would know. Why not ask him?

Stan

Comment

Adrian was not able to help...

Does anyone know if Vernon E Bowen is alive, and how can I contact him, please?

Thank you, Keith

Comment

Hello.

V E Bowen is alive, aged 87 and living in Essex in the Colchester area. I do not have the details. I got the information from an antique dealer who randomly called me to arrange an inspection of some militaria. This guys name was mentioned.

Comment

Thank you Frank,

I have been given an address, I will try writing to him.

Keith

Comment

The address I was given for Vernon E Bowen was incorrect. The residents had lived at the Wivenhoe Essex address for fourteen years and did not know of him.

Can anyone suggest how I might contact him please?

Thank you for your help.

Keith

Comment

Please let me explain why I would like to contact Vernon Bowen...

I recently purchased an Iron Cross 2nd class that had been fitted with a suspension ring and loop, a field made or ersatz Knights Cross. The cross has one of Adrian Foreman's lead seals attached.
              I contacted Adrian who told me he had purchased it from the collection of Vernon Bowen and that when he sold the cross it had documents and further information with it. Indeed my actual converted EK2 is illustrated on page 198 of Bowen's The Prussian and German Iron Cross. The cross has probably been in several collections since Adrian owned it and the documents lost when it changed hands.

I have no doubts about the originality of the converted cross. But I would like to know if there was any history with the cross, such as to whom it belonged or how it was acquired?

Keith
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X