Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eichenlaub

Hello Fellow Collector

I would like to seek your help. Until now, I have some questions on the detection on the Oakleaves to a KC of IC. I feel very difficult to isolate an original piece from the exisiting collecting world. I understand that we can buy one from Detlev and this may be the way that mininize the risk. But as a 3rd Reich A&D Collector. I would like to know more from all of you about the point of detection on an Oakleaves. Hope you all can give me your opinions on the Oakleave's deteciton. I understand that this may be too sensitive in a public place. If you feel comfortable to share, please post your opinion (or PM me to let me learn more).

Thanks
    BP

OakLeaves

Hello Bryan,
    To Go into the area of Oakleaves when you are not sure what you are looking at is extremely foolish. You are right to maybe buy from from someone such as Detlev, there seems to be a lot of Oakleaves for sale recently, most are easy to spot fakes, but now there some very good ones turning up. I cannot tell the difference so I leave well alone. A question I ask myself is "Why are they not on the Cross?"
    I never saw any for sale ten years ago But back then I was restricted to England only. If I ever get the chance to buy real Oakleaves they would have to Proven beyond all doubt!
    Good luck on your Quest

Regards
    Andy Mac

Comment

Hi Andy

Thanks for you message.

One of the question that I asked myself is similar to yours. I think the detection for a Oakleaves is not easy to clarify by words.

Actually I have read a similar thread right here long time ago but I can't find it now.

Cheers
      BP

Comment

Eichenlaub

If you are interested in buying an oak leave, and you are not an expert in this subject,...and if you have the money....BUY THE ONE FROM DETLEV, you will NEVER regret it!!!!
        It's original, has provinance, best maker, beautifull condition,and it comes with a RESPECTED garantie!

Pieter.

P.S. If it were swords I wouldn't have sent this post...I would have bought them.
        SUUM CUIQUE ...
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Pieter

Detlev is a good channel for those who haven't the time for indepth research about the medals. To me, I am really want to know more something about indepth research on the items. Mine got some idea but I would like to seek the expertise opinions and comment initially.

Cheers
          BP

Comment

Oakleaves

I agree!
            When it comes to the very final desicion I ONLY listen to myself. Not even Detlev has anything to say there. But, on the other hand, Detlev has never disappointed me so far.
            If I was to recommend only ONE dealer in the world to a green fellow collector it would be Detlev Niemann in Hamburg. I dare to say, that you can buy from him without knowing a **** about these things and only get good stuff.
            About the Oakleaves Detlev has for sale at the moment, buy it (if you have the money)!!! How many named OLs do you think will be offered in the future at all??? There were less than 900 awarded to an army of about 20 000 000 soldiers!!!
            JMHO

Comment

How much are a Ritterkreuz des Eiserneskreuz mit Eichenlaub? My grandfather is trying to buy one... And I would like to help him some way. He has put quite some effort in it and beside, he's got the money... Perhaps he is frustrated because there was not enough time to earn one himself!

Comment

I would never by an Oakleaves or Oakleaves and Swords unless they had an iron-clad provenance to the recipient.

George
                George

Comment

Hi Bryan

The Oakleaves Detlev has for sale at the moment.Sorry sold !

Bill S.

Comment

Bill

I know, I know...... Sold to you??

BP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X