Spange 2 Class, real or fake????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spange 2 Class, real or fake????

Hello, please I am just posting this second class spange, any help to identify this, is going to be very much appreciated.

It is a bit little than a second class spange marked L11, I have. It´s measures are:
    hight: 3,1 centimetres
    width (wings): 2,9

Hello,

A very strange-looking EK2 Spange for sure. I'm not really sure what to think of it. A friend of mine has one just like it and I will post some pictures that I have on file of it. I posted this Spange on the forum at least five or more years ago. Initially, it was said to be a fake, but then there was some discussion that this type could actually be original. I'm not sure if there are any new developments concerning this type of Spange. Last I heard, some were calling this type good and others were saying fake.

Here is the example I posted years ago:

The dimensions are as follows:

eagle wingspan 28.80mm
    spange height 31.44mm
    width of trapzoid box 27.99mm
    wreath diameter 12.70mm
    weight 7.3 grams

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

oblique view of reverse:
      Attached Files
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello again,

I just located that thread from when I first posted the type of Spange in question. It was back in 2007 and here is a link:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=226840

Best regards,
        Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Thank you very much Tom, I appreciate your comments, I have just read yours and the other one you said. Also another I found from january 19, 2014 with a same spange. Well, I will wait also another commets from also experts. But thank you very much again. Carlos
          PD: the measures are the same of the one you posted.

Comment

Spange

Last year there was a picture posted showing this spange in wear. coleccionista1 can you get a clear picture of the swastika and pebbling around the swastika and wreath. Also, on the right leg is there two indentation (like left leg) or just one? It is the little things that will point us in the right direction with this spange. Jim

Comment

Jim, I remember you posted a thread on january 19, 2014 with a similar spange. It has the same measures of that. Well here come the photo, I hope it works this time:

Comment

Jim in the right leg there are two indentations like in the left.

Comment

spange

Thank you, it looks good. Jim

Comment

Any help appreciated.

Comment

I know you shouldn't go off looks alone, but it sure seems to have the detail and quality along with correct attachment prongs. One thing I find odd is that both shown have the exact same type of ribbon-striped patina on the backside. Could be normal just seems odd to me on two pieces from different sides of the world.

I would lean towards them being good but I am no expert and this is just from my quick observations. If I was offered one at a cheap price I would buy it.

-Brian

Comment

marks

Originally posted by BROBS View Post
                        I know you shouldn't go off looks alone, but it sure seems to have the detail and quality along with correct attachment prongs. One thing I find odd is that both shown have the exact same type of ribbon-striped patina on the backside. Could be normal just seems odd to me on two pieces from different sides of the world.

I would lean towards them being good but I am no expert and this is just from my quick observations. If I was offered one at a cheap price I would buy it.

-Brian
                        On all the originals that I have seen this pattern of marks on the back is correct. Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X