EK1 information request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 information request

Okay, judging from the lack of replies to my original message I'm guessing I've breached etiquette. I will say that I am attempting to make an informed decision about the crosses. I know in the end it is up to me. I have references by Williamson, Previtera, Ailsby, Forman Lumsden and Tucker.

If someone can point me in the right direction or let me know of any other references they have found particularly helpful in researching the Iron Cross, I would truly appreciate it. Please feel free to PM or email me too if you would like to query/discuss in a more private arena.

Eric N

ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW

Hello, I'm new to the forum and relatively new to collecting (but working on my experience/knowledge and courage to make purchases without fear of being ripped-off). Just browsing these pages has provided me more practical information than a lot of my reference materials.

As my access to original examples is practically nill, I would like to ask if anyone is willing to help me out. I'm looking specifically for information (weights, dimensions, characteristics, etc.) and hopefully photographs of original examples of EK1's marked 26 and marked L/54 (screwback).

I know the controversy with the 26 mark, but haven't seen much about the L/54 example (except for a relatively poor photo of the reverse of the cross in an issue of Military Advisor). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Eric N
    Last edited by Eric N; 08-25-2002, 04:37 PM.

EK Search

Hello Eric,
    Reading your message, it seems you have some good reference books, so why not take the plunge and buy? EK's are not that expensive and if you find a reputable dealer with "A money back, if not satisifed guarantee"(check out how long the guarantee lasts!) no worries!
    Why the interest in "26"marked and "L54"marked crosses? when there's dozens of makers and loads of crosses with no maker marks at all! all original!
    The best way to learn is hold the item in your hand, inspect, and compare.

Regards
    Andy Mac

Comment

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I have researched and researched and actually taken the plunge and purchased. I have a couple of unmarked crosses and want to add a few marked examples for my collection. The refrences I have are good, but lack depth when it comes to differences between makers. That's why I requested information originally. It seems I usually observe something on a cross that is not in the references (probably for good reason). Below is a link to a site I've created that contains photographs of my EK1 marked L/54. Opinion, observations, helpful remarks, thoughts, etc.... about originality would be appreaciated.

Thanks Eric N

Link
      http://eric_nichols.home.att.net[/URL]

Comment

Eric,

Welcome to the forum. I have a few PICS of a #26 marked EK1 in mint with the case. It's not mine and I don't remember what site I took them off of last year.

As they are not mine technically, I will e-mail them to you, but I need an address. Your "contact" tab on your website does not give the e-mail address.
        Tim

Comment

EK 1 , B. H. Mayer , Pforzheim

Hi Eric !
          Here is pics of my 2 EK 1 from B. H. Mayer Kunstprageanstalt , Pforzheim . Maker " 26 " and " L / 18 " .

Lillegutt
          Last edited by Jan Arne S; 03-26-2005, 07:51 AM.

Comment

EK 1 , B. H. Mayer , Pforzheim

Hi !
            Here is pics of back of the EK 1 . Maker marked " 26 " on pin , and screwback marked on lower arm " L / 18 " .

Lillegutt
            Last edited by Jan Arne S; 03-26-2005, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X