EK1 Screwback question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 Screwback question

Did each manufacturer make their own disks for the 1939 SB EK1s? Unlike Imperials, I don't see any major variations in the disks from different sources (except the occasional maker's mark or lip) so I'm assuming they were provided to the makers by some single agency. Likewise, are there any variations in the threaded barrels on the back of the EK?
    Last edited by AUSGANG; 01-27-2015, 02:33 PM.

Originally posted by AUSGANG View Post
    Did each manufacturer make their own disks for the 1939 SB EK1s?
    Maybe not all of them, but some makers clearly made their own.

Unlike Imperials, I don't see any major variations in the disks from different sources (except the occasional maker's mark or lip) so I'm assuming they were provided to the makers by some single agency.
    The design was standardized, but there are numerous very small variations of proportion, measurement, material, finish, etc.

Likewise, are there any variations in the threaded barrels on the back of the EK?
    For sure there are.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

OK thanks... I don't suppose any studies have been made on the disks themselves so one could tell if the disk was correct to the EK it was attached to.

Comment

OK thanks... I don't suppose any studies have been made on the disks themselves so one could tell if the disk was correct to the EK it was attached to.
        Sometimes you can. Some makers used very specific looking discs (W&L, Wiedmann, etc.)
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Ah, now... I just bought a disk-less Weidmann thinking it would be no problem to find another... Care to show one so I know what to look for?

Comment

Wiedmann used a standard design and a very specific model.
            Will post pics later today, off to work now...

Comment

Dankjewel!

Comment

here is the Wiedmann SB
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

THANKS!

Comment

Good to see Sanya already posted the "typical" Wiedmann disc.

Wiedmann also used the generic disc.
                      What I have seen so far is that the Wiedmann disc is usually on Wiedmann ek's with a silver plated core.
                      So I guess they were used in the early years of the war.
                      Latter Wiedmann crosses don't have a plated core and are mostly found with a regular disc.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X