Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 or KC Miniatur question and help ?

Hí Guys
    Just arrived this the mini. For me it's an interesting piece ,because my one favorite manufacturer Otto Schickle and this a marked piece ,and on this piece both type marked mark at the same time have it.

the bigger Cross size is:11,68mm
    the other size is: 8,84mm

I'm now a little puzzled because I read the once in the book ( Dietrich Maerz The KC and The IC ) on 345. page,that the
    such type mini solution a RK mini,but a other in book (Dietrich Maerz & George Stimson The IC 1.class ) on 424. page only this is a EK1 mini.

I would like if you help to me ,that what is it really and that which the true?

Thank for all respond and opinion.
    Attached Files

the double marked mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sanya,

I will say frankly, that I have never seen a mini EK signed, and on the connector, and one cross ...and various signatures ... I saw a mini EK signed only on the connector (L/16), or both crosses (but the same signature L/18) or on one of the cross (L/57) ...
      I do not say that there is something wrong here, but I just never seen such a signing of mini EK.

Regards
      Jarek

Comment

Hello,
        very nice Schickle miniature and surely EK1 and EK2 and NOT a KC.

best regards
        Pattex
        Last edited by pattex; 01-25-2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Sanya,I like this mini,look at the left cross it looks like a straight 9...

Comment

thanks for comment Jarek,
            me not the origin of the doubt
            this the type is Otto Schickle in the catalog number 1012
            and the mark's also exist

but I that had been wondering whether it is a RK or EK mini ?
            Originally posted by boch_62 View Post
            Hi Sanya,

I will say frankly, that I have never seen a mini EK signed, and on the connector, and one cross ...and various signatures ... I saw a mini EK signed only on the connector (L/16), or both crosses (but the same signature L/18) or on one of the cross (L/57) ...
            I do not say that there is something wrong here, but I just never seen such a signing of mini EK.

Regards
            Jarek

Comment

thank for comment guys, Chris you have really a good eye ,because this me ,and I did not realize but really !!

Comment

Haha Sanya..Yes I did notice it but it's clearly marked L/15 for O.S..

Comment

EK mini

Sanya, a miniature knights cross measures 16mm, neither the EKI or EKII can be this size. Jim

Comment

Originally posted by sanya13 View Post
                    I'm now a little puzzled because I read the once in the book ( Dietrich Maerz The KC and The IC ) on 345. page,that the
                    such type mini solution a RK mini,but a other in book (Dietrich Maerz & George Stimson The IC 1.class ) on 424. page only this is a EK1 mini.
                    In fairness to the authors of the two mentioned books you should also mention that on pages 423 and 426 of the EK1 book the whole controversy is mentioned without a conclusion. Regarding to Dr. Doehle it is an RK - EK combination, regarding to the S&L catalog it is not.
                    Whoever has 100% proof one way or the other should provide it here. I also would like to know. The contemporary evidence is not clear so far.
                    So far the rule is this: owners or seller of such a combo say it is an RK, the others say it is not!

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

I too would think EK 1 and EK 2 combo as all Knights cross combos I have seen should have all 3 each one larger then the other. TPK

Comment

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
                        Sanya, a miniature knights cross measures 16mm, neither the EKI or EKII can be this size. Jim
                        Both Knights Crosses measure 10.7 mm. On some combination they are even only 10.4 mm.

Dietrich
                        Attached Files
                        B&D PUBLISHING
                        Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by TPK View Post
                          I too would think EK 1 and EK 2 combo as all Knights cross combos I have seen should have all 3 each one larger then the other. TPK
                          Same here, have only seen them that way: EKI and II same size, RK a bit bigger

Comment

EK1/EK2 combos were very commonly made like this (one larger, one smaller) for WWI and I don't think they changed the style. In my opinion this is definitely an EK1/EK2.
                            Best regards,
                            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Dietrich, I don't have the EK-book, hence I'm not familiar with the controversy you mention. I do know your conclusion in the KC-book though and you should have credit for having an open mind and not holding on to that thought in the EK-book.
                              Although I've got one of these combos in my collection, I've from the start suggested they are EK1/EK2. Like you say, we may never know the truth, but it's also shown as EK1/EK2 in Petz&Lorenz catalogue.

cheers
                              Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X