Ritterkreuz 57

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritterkreuz 57

Hi, some time ago I bought this Ritterkreuz 57. During some research on this Cross it seems that there were two versions, the early ones and the later made Cross and of course fakes; Is it possible to know in which categorize /section this cross is? Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c60xu0an5...fj_DR6sja?dl=0

If needed I could try better pictures.
    Regards
    Alf.

Alf, a perfectly good late produced RK from St u L, the so called (by 57er collectors) "D" frame with second core which will be non ferrous i.e. non magnetic, and will off been painted after assembly ! the frames have a bead blasted look/finish typical for these type of crosses,.....made between the very late 1970's/early 1980's to the present day, available with silver frames marked "800" or "925" (marked on rear either below the suspension eye or bottom arm) or with "neusilber" (not silver) non marked frames........search the 1957 section for more examples and information on these crosses.
    The example you show is modern production within IMO the last 10 years as it exhibits the long ribbon loop from this period..........
    Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 5 View Post
      Alf, a perfectly good late produced RK from St u L, the so called (by 57er collectors) "D" frame with second core which will be non ferrous i.e. non magnetic, the frames have a typical for these crosses, bead blasted look/finish.....made between the very late 1970's to the present day, available with silver frames marked "800" or "925" (marked on rear either below the suspension eye or bottom arm) or with "neusilber" (not silver) non marked frames........search the 1957 section for more examples and information on these crosses.
      The example you show is modern production within IMO the last 10 years as it exhibits the long ribbon loop from this period..........
      Prost ! Steve.
      WoW, Thank you Steve, So much detail it is amazing, so it is a collectable piece? thank you again
      Regards
      Alf.

Comment

WoW, Thank you Steve, So much detail it is amazing, so it is a collectable piece? thank you again Regards Alf.
        IMO yes, I have several in my collection from the earliest 57er RK's to the most recent ! But be aware, some would not give them house room and think them crap.......the diversity of collectors !
        Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 5 View Post
          IMO yes, I have several in my collection from the earliest 57er RK's to the most recent ! But be aware, some would not give them house room and think them crap.......the diversity of collectors !
          Prost ! Steve.
          Thanks Mate.
          Alf.

Comment

A nice example and interesting that the ose hasn't been completely drilled out .

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
              A nice example and interesting that the ose hasn't been completely drilled out .
              Thank you for your comment Tony, what is ose please ?
              Regards
              Alf.

Comment

Alf - the ' öse ' - German for the cut-out ' eyelet ' - is shown in the picture below .

Douglas
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Douglas 5; 01-04-2015, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                  Alf - the ' öse ' - German for the cut-out ' eyelet ' - is shown in the picture below .

Douglas
                  Thank You Douglas.
                  Regards
                  Alf.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X