Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Deumer schinkel
    Originally posted by mp409mm View Post
    Here is my schinkel form cross for your comments which are more than welcome
    Thanks
    Alf

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wt2wzsps3...kuW1fruTa?dl=0

Comment

+1....

Comment

thank you guys, much appreciated, so, is this the straight arm Schinkel?
        Regards
        Alf.

Comment

Hi Alf :
          The side by side comparisons you wanted .

Cheers, Douglas
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Douglas, Thank you very much, most helpful of you, thank you for your time.
            Regards
            Alf.

Comment

Ok This is my what I call Round 3. so it is type B; correct.
              it's size is 44.32 x 44.30.
              Bear with me please, than what you call this.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b119ynlaa...jiYYBBpta?dl=0

thanks
              Alf.

Comment

The smaller Deschler Type B is a totally different cross than the regular size Deschler R3 (round 3) cross .

Douglas

Comment

Pictures of both :

Douglas
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
                    The smaller Deschler Type B is a totally different cross than the regular size Deschler R3 (round 3) cross .

Douglas
                    So the Deschler and the Shinkel cross are two different cross, or Deschler is just another name for Schinkel ? THANKS.
                    Regards
                    Alfred.

Comment

Alfred - you are almost there . Things can be confusing at the start but over time things will fall in place .

Deschler made both of these crosses ..... -- the left one first which more correctly is the B Type Deschler .

Schinkel B - as it had been referred to just up to recently - is an incorrect and misleading name/description . It has nothing to do with a Schinkel or Schickle .
                      It is in September 1939 an early Deschler first new re-design attempt of the new re-instituted Iron Cross before a standardized form was chosen and strictest imposed .
                      As the comparison shows it does not distantiate itself from the Imperial cross form and size to the satisfaction of the Reichführung in Berlin .

The cross on the right is in most parts the final version ..... with the short lived round 3 in the core being the final minor 'tweeking' that took place .

Douglas

Comment

Hi Douglas,
                        What I can say except THANK YOU, now it is very clear it is a pleasure when ones knows these details which make our hobby more interesting and rewarding because one knows what to look for.
                        I wish I have joined this forum earlier because it a treasure of information with lots of members willing to help and give information that otherwise is out of reach to a novice like me.
                        Thank you all and I am very happy to be in this forum.
                        Regards
                        Alf.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X