EK2 Round Inner Frame ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 Round Inner Frame ??

I saw on Detlev's this Friday a few EK2's that were described as having round inner frames. I have never seen this reference or distinction made before. The price of them was also considerably more.

On checking the few that I have of my EK2's I noticed two of them have this round inner frame style.

Is this something rare and another type to list along side the schinkel and round 3 or is it something out of nothing?

Mac

I've seen quite a few EKs 1 and 2 with varying degrees of roundness to the inner frames, but none as round as on the one below, which I paid about $50 for a few years ago.
    Mac, are yours as round as these?

George
    George

Comment

First L/11
      Attached Files

Comment

reverse L/11
        Attached Files

Comment

obverse

Comment

reverse
            Attached Files

Comment

Deumers are rounded, but yours on the bar looks rounder still, more like the one I posted.

George
              George

Comment

Dear Mac & George,

I wondered the very same thing when I looked at Detlev´s update and a thought went through my head that I will speak freely now and hope nobody will hold it against me:

-I also never saw this distinction being made before, let alone made clear by such a distinctive price difference.

-If you are a truely honest dealer like Detlev who doesn´t try to peddle the occasional fake and who also doesn´t ask for out-of-this-world-prices for originals like the rest of the Hamburg entourage, you have to think of other ways to create new interest in special items and find additional money in another way. What would be a better way than to create a new craze about a new collectible variant in the EK family? I am not saying he makes these up, they do apparently exist and some have them in their collections, they were just considered "normal" EKs as fas as the pricing goes.

Don´t get me wrong, I hold Detlev in the highest regards. It is a legitimate way to get more money out of collectors WITHOUT selling fakes or raising the prices in general. The clever thing is, he leaves it up to you if you are willing to pay the extra price for the round frames. Nobody can blame him doing it but it is as clever as you can get without getting dubious.

Cheers, Frank H.
                Cheers, Frank

Comment

This hobby is crazy. Rounded EK 2 prices increase. Rounded RK's hold in the $1500 range.

Comment

Hello,

I noticed one of these on Detlevs site about a month or so ago, the first that I had seen for sale and I noted the price was more than a "regular" EKII.
                    I belive that round 3 EKIIs were sold at the normal price until it was noticed that there was this anomaly and the prices went up as it was a variant and desirable to the iron cross collector.
                    My guess is that the same situation has arisen here, the rounded corners on a regular EKII make it another variant and iron cross collectors who want the different types will buy these for their collection.

Best Regards,
                    Adrian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X