A Visit to London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Visit to London

I'm off to London next week for a short vacation. Are there any dealers or shops that you recommend me to visit?

In general, you'll probably balk at the prices in London (I usually do, compared with what I pay German dealers on-line).

If you're in London during the week, the only place I know of is Malcolm Gordon (Greys in the Mew Antique Market, Davies Mews, Davies Street. round the corner from Bond Street tube station). He has a web page (something like gordonsmedals I think) Nice range of medals. groups, equipment etc. Only open Monday to Friday though.

Camden Passage military market operates on a Saturday morning (come out of Angel tube station and walk straight on). This is set back from Islington High Street in Camden Passage, downstairs in a general antiques market. There is also another market (on the main street) which has some military stalls in it. Usually some mainly run-of-the-mill original stuff in both (dealers change from week to week). But a lot of rubbish too.

Happy hunting!

James

Comment

Hello Resaw,
      Depends on what your looking for, you could try 'Grenadiers' 102 Sydenham Road, Sydenham, South London, SE26 5JX Tel.020 8659 1588 www.grenadiers.co.uk
      Andy Mac

Comment

What? Nothing in Brixton?

Comment

visit

You got it one, Nothing in Brixton, don't go through, go round it!

Andy Mac

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Another friend told me there is a big flea market on Saturday morning, which I think he called 'Angel' or something similar. He also said I should go to the Notting Hill market.

Comment

Yes, it's tha Angel Arcade,Camden Passage, Islington N1 also same place Gateway Arcade Antiques Market, Camden Passage.
              Get there early, Haggle hard!
              Andy Mac

Comment

Thanks Andy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X