Rare Schinkel-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Souval for sale

Hi All, I was just searching a couple of reputable deals and I noticed that they had some Souval Iron Cross for sale. I also noticed that some of the tips how to avoid a fake that I learned here, were present in these cross.
    So if I may ask is it possible to find these crosses that are pre 45? The reason I ask because I can hardly believe that some deals try to lose their reputation on an Iron Cross that cost just about € 300.
    Thank you for any feedback
    Alf.

Comment

Souval crosses are dangerous if you don't know what to look for, because Souval used original dies after the war.

So even dealers may sell post-war crosses as "original" because they don't know.

Basically it comes down to "doing your homework" before you buy.
      You can find lots of pics on this forum.

Comment

Thanks Ben, my point is the dealers I looked into they a very well-known for their high items, so I think they should know what they are selling.

On second thoughts, how one can distinguish a post war souval cross from a pre-war one when the makers used the same dies that they were producing original crosses
        Alf
        Last edited by mp409mm; 12-26-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

In my opinion, the post-war Souvala crosses were not to be a copy of the crosses B-Type ... (as stated Trevor)

Unfortunately, unaware (of ignorance) or smart seller (and some dealers) is trying to tell inexperienced collectors, that is a variation of Schinkel B ... Practical crap.
          These crosses have nothing in common, but this need we should learn, nothing can substitute. Sorry

Jarek

Comment

+1
            Originally posted by boch_62 View Post
            In my opinion, the post-war Souvala crosses were not to be a copy of the crosses B-Type ... (as stated Trevor)

Unfortunately, unaware (of ignorance) or smart seller (and some dealers) is trying to tell inexperienced collectors, that is a variation of Schinkel B ... Practical crap.
            These crosses have nothing in common, but this need we should learn, nothing can substitute. Sorry

Jarek

Comment

That fake does have some clean lines! LMAO! But it is sooooo obviously fake!

Comment

Obviously I misinterpreted the Souval question.

I was talking about Souval crosses in general.

the Souval that looks like the Schinkel B is post-war.
                Any dealer selling them as wartime-original is either a fool or a crook....

Comment

Rare Schinkel-B

My comment about JC was unnecessary and I apologize and wish it were removed. Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X