• Time
  • Show
Clear All

But the first (below) is a post-war SOUVAL
    the second cross is already B-Type...

Regards
    Jarek

Comment

@Mametz & Hank C what's your problem...?
      @Douglas You have enough rep.to be a lifetime member..
      I did not know a second core & frame so I know Douglas will
      came up with great information...(as always)..

Comment

Originally posted by mametz View Post
        Love the B type,s but this talk of first frame and different cores does my
        head in. No offence to the purist, but how far do we go.
        Regards
        Mametz

If you like to collect crosses in all thee variations this is important.
        Not if you randomly collect medals and need just one or 2 ek's.

Douglas always doe his 'homework" very well, so wait and see.

And Hank C.: after the bombing Juncker used other manufacturer's hardware, so that might be interesting to collector's as well....

Comment

Originally posted by beuwulf View Post
          @Mametz & Hank C what's your problem...?
          ...edit.....
          Problem? No problem....you don't recognize humor? You may want to take life - and collecting - a little less seriously.

have a great sunday!!

Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
          ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

@Hank C..

Comment

My understanding is that the round 3 version is the original and thst the flat top 3 is a postwar copy to satisfy the collector demand for these rare pieces. Whether they are Souval or not I do not know for sure. What I do know is that they are very hard to find because of a very short production before 'standardization' of design that remained fairly consistant to the end of production.

Tony
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger 1 View Post
                My understanding is that the round 3 version is the original and thst the flat top 3 is a postwar copy to satisfy the collector demand for these rare pieces. Whether they are Souval or not I do not know for sure. What I do know is that they are very hard to find because of a very short production before 'standardization' of design that remained fairly consistant to the end of production.

Tony
                Sorry, but I do not understand.
                I agree, cross B-Type is is a very rare and unique cross among the crosses EK2-1939.
                In this case, there is no doubt.

But Souval's cross (like this from photos) is a well known post-war cross, with a typical core and frame with straight arms. There is nothing to do with the Deschler's cross B-Type and it is not rare at all.

IMO we can not, in the discussion of the cross B-Type, refer to the Souval's post-war cross because it can be confusing information for novice collectors of crosses EK2-1939

Jarek
                Attached Files

Comment

To me that fake (shown by boch_62) is not a fake of the B-Type, but a bad fake that happens, by coincidence, to look like the B-Type. I doubt that anyone knew about, or valued, the B-Type when it was made.

There are also unscrupulous dealers and sellers who claim different authentic EKs, like the "Odd Date" and the "Straight-Arm," are "B-Type variants" or "Schinkel-B variants." Neither of these is a variant of the B-Type in my opinion; they are both just unknown makers that dealers try to big up to sell for a profit.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                    To me that fake (shown by boch_62) is not a fake of the B-Type, but a bad fake that happens, by coincidence, to look like the B-Type. I doubt that anyone knew about, or valued, the B-Type when it was made.

There are also unscrupulous dealers and sellers who claim different authentic EKs, like the "Odd Date" and the "Straight-Arm," are "B-Type variants" or "Schinkel-B variants." Neither of these is a variant of the B-Type in my opinion; they are both just unknown makers that dealers try to big up to sell for a profit.

Jarek

Comment

So I bought a fake, to compare before
                      <TABLE border=0 width=760><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

JC,

Nice original. The other one (left) is the fake.

Originally posted by George L View Post
                        A nice rare cross, and while I'm certainly no expert on B types, I noticed that this one has quite a bit of paint on the frames so was were the cores painted after assembly?
                        Hey George,

All these were painted after assembly.
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                          JC,

Nice original. The other one (left) is the fake.

Hey George,

All these were painted after assembly.
                          I know

Comment

I have now posted the observation on the 2 B types :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=1#post6707538

Douglas

Comment

Rare Schinkel-B

Is there not a place on the Forum to post thieves and scam artists? Mingzhi Zhou from China, who uses the alias JC Waters is such a person and should be reported and avoided. He took me for an original pair of boots and the money too. My fault for being so trusting.

Comment

Souval's cross

Hi All, Thank you for all this information even that sometimes due to my inexperience it is a bit confusing. Maybe someone can explain please what is a Souval's cross.
                                And how many types of Schinkel Form crosses there are, recently I bought one and now I am getting dizzy trying to figure out if I bought a fake or not. Even about my round 3 I am getting worried.
                                Thank you for any information.
                                Alf

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X