The Awards of Hansgeorg Bätcher; Leading Luftwaffe Bomber Ace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
    If the KC doc went out at a separate auction, it's quite possible other awards/medals did too. Or were added to this one. There's just no telling.
    See the note of eMedals: "This grouping was purchased by a German dealer directly from his son, then in turn sold to eMedals few weeks later (we have a copy of a purchase slip with son's signature); at that time also his Honor Goblet was purchased, however unfortunatelly, it was sold to a collector before grouping was obtained by eMedals."

Comment

Originally posted by nick-j View Post
      I remember first seeing the KC mappe at least 20 years ago when regimentals had it. its always a shame when groups are split but I am not sure large groups were as appreciated then as they are now.
      Attached Files

Comment

So if the KC was sold with the document was sold some time ago, do we think that the KC with Oakleaves offered here with the other medals is legit?

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
          So if the KC was sold with the document was sold some time ago, do we think that the KC with Oakleaves offered here with the other medals is legit?
          I don't think the KC offered by "Regimentals" was his.

Comment

That KC putted on top of the KC document is just for display only. Not Batcher's one.

Comment

As an FYi, I have the KC mappe as I purchased it from Mike Davis/Viirtualgrenadier. I also agree that the history of these objects is paramount, so hopefully the mappe and his awards will be reunited at some point.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X