Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like your opinion on a WWI Bar Clasp to 2nd class flat, blunt-end prongs:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like your opinion on a WWI Bar Clasp to 2nd class flat, blunt-end prongs:

I would like your opinion on a WWI Bar Clasp to 2nd class flat, blunt-end prongs: unmarked
    Attached Files

spange

Can you provide measurements? Also, is the pebbling pebbles or something else?? Thanks, Jim

Comment

Answers maybe.

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
      Can you provide measurements? Also, is the pebbling pebbles or something else?? Thanks, Jim
      Jim
      I only have one hand so these are the best I can do. From head to base 30mm. Eagle wing span 31mm. 1939 28mm. Best as these old eyes can do. Pebbles my eyes can't see that well.
      George

Comment

Spange

Hi George

Using my digital caliphers mine measures:

Height: 31.32 mm
        Width: 31.69 mm
        Date: 27.52 mm

Did you use a ruler to measure? This might explain the differences.

The spange is supposed to be a Ziemer & Sohne. The problem I have with your is the pebbling, lack of patina on chest (could have been cleaned) and the soft design between the legs. I have attached picutes of mine for you to compare against. Jim
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CMSgt; 10-29-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

update

Originally posted by CMSgt View Post
          Hi George

Using my digital caliphers mine measures:

Height: 31.32 mm
          Width: 31.69 mm
          Date: 27.52 mm

Did you use a ruler to measure? This might explain the differences.

The spange is supposed to be a Ziemer & Sohne. The problem I have with your is the pebbling, lack of patina on chest (could have been cleaned) and the soft design between the legs. I have attached picutes of mine for you to compare against. Jim
          Jim
          You are right I used a ruler. So they are about the same. Pebbles I can't tell it looks like at one time it was like yours. But I am just guessing but it looks like it may have been polished quite a bit. I thank you for your time.
          George

Comment

Ek2 spange

Hi
            message for cmsgt. You recently commented on a spange posted by military antiques - mas - which you described bas junk - may i ask why?
            Baz

Comment

Ek2 spange

Hi
              message for cmsgt. You recently commented on a spange posted by military antiques - mas - which you described as junk - may i ask why?
              Baz

Comment

question

Originally posted by pickelhaube10 View Post
                Hi
                message for cmsgt. You recently commented on a spange posted by military antiques - mas - which you described as junk - may i ask why?
                Baz
                Because that is what it is? There is not a spange even close to looking like that one. Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X