Hammer & Söhne EK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammer & Söhne EK2

Hi guys. Just got this Cross in, and have some concerns (see arrows). Would like to hear your thoughts.

--Ken
    Attached Files

it's real EK2 by mm55 ....... but some damaged )

WR Kirill

Comment

.... maybe it was dig out&

WR Kirill

Comment

Here's my assessment. Real Cross for sure, but either a re-Nazified, or possibly,"period modified". Definitely been repainted, and the Swas modified (as well as the beading), making it look more like the type we see on Hymmen badges. Here's another close-up. Anyone else?

--Ken
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Panzercracker; 10-26-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I would say it has had the Swas replaced after being de-Nazified and repainted !!

Douglas

Comment

Hi Doug. I am in agreement 100%, and my clear pics do illustrate that (skid marks on the core etc. etc.). The "modification" does appear to be "ancient". The beaded edges, with the "extra" serrations do have "patina", so not done recently, IMO.... Now, as far as price/Brass Tax, I'd like to hear some opinions, based on the fact this is no longer "textbook". Thanks again for all your appreciated input.

--Ken

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post
            I would say it has had the Swas replaced after being de-Nazified and repainted !!

Douglas
            Last edited by Panzercracker; 10-26-2014, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas 5 View Post

Douglas
              This may be true

Regards
              Jarek

Comment

...another look at the Swas under a loope, clearly shows some re-worksmanship of the Swas (beading too on 3 arms)..... IMO, "ancient", but back to "Brass Tax". How badly does that affect the value in your opinions??

--Ken
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X