• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Varinat of LUG?

Hi guys,
    Few days ago I got this cross.
    What do you think about this piece ?
    The back of the frame is to be a Juncker, but the date does not fit.
    Is it a variant of LUG?
    best regards,
    Jan
    Attached Files

Nice, very rare (never seen another one) transitional Juncker with the "common L/12" frame on the front and the "crunch-bead" frame on the reverse. The core is one sometimes used on Juncker EK2s marked L/12, and rarely on other Junckers.

Do you want to sell it? I am a buyer...
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

One nice mix mixed frame EK2 Juncker .
      I have that core in a flaw frame EK2 .

Douglas

Comment

Hí Jan interesting cross ,I never see yet such piece

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your comments.
          This piece is actually arrange to Juncker. What does it date? early or ...

I got many request. You know that the EKII has just come to me. I don't sell it. Thank you.

Comment

Looking at the reverse frame die that was used I would guess this one to be around 40/41 -ish .

Douglas

Comment

A unique cross, the first time I see such a cross. I wonder if this combination of frames is a case of "production" or special effects.
              Does anyone have ever seen such a Juncker's cross?

Regards
              Jarek

Comment

really something special and interesting !!
                two different frames in the same cross.. wow..a very nice cross by the way !!

Comment

Yes Jarek I have seen this before but not able to get one so far . One can find mixed frames from the same master die here and there , one was shown not long ago . The other 'uups oddity' on this one is the front frame . It was made with 2 not matching or ' paired up ' die halves2 different working dies - that created this mis-aligned beading one can see .

Douglas

Comment

Hi Douglas,

That odd split beading is normal on these "common L/12" frames for some reason. I think the die was flawed. In any case you see it often.

I've seen an interesting 1870 EK2 with two Godet frames (front and back) also. They offer nice proof that the same company used different frames at different times.
                    Best regards,
                    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

If the same 'common L/12 ' frame is found with out the ' split beading' then the die cannot have the flaw . .. I thought flawless L/12 frames do exist ?
                      These extra fine beads ( always only half the height as the main bead )slowly catching up to the main bead in repeating sequences . This example baldy has shows this nicely .

Douglas
                      Attached Files

Comment

Reading the speech Douglas and Trevor I learned that these mixed-frame crosses is more, it is not quite coincidental production. It's a good lesson - thanks

Jarek

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X