Came across a KC today when looking for Canadian Medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came across a KC today when looking for Canadian Medals

Began working out of town today so i decided to pop into a coin shop to look for some Canadian medals. I asked the shop keep if he had any to which he said no but i do have this......

Immediately i was suspicious as to it being genuine but i thought i'd take some pics slap them up here and get the forums opinion.

Appears to be marked L/52 with an unmarked suspension ring. 3 piece construction. Being out of my depth i'd be really interested in what the forum has to say. As i'm out of town for the next few days i can go back and take more pics if requested.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s228.photobucket.com/user/censlenov/embed/slideshow/KC%20in%20BRKS"></iframe>

Cheers
    Chris

Hi

Hi

The knight Cross is from the Maker Souval.
    Souval is believed to only have produced KC after the war, for Vets and later
    for Collectors.

Its seem to be a early post war item, and is interesting but as value a few 100s USD and not near the value of a wartime piece.

The case seem early, and you might want to get some opinions about that as well. Also the ribbon is interesting, better pics needed, but might have a chance of being wartime.

BR
    Nicolai
    Last edited by tystgaard; 09-25-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Hi

This KC one simply postwar, and not period piece...L/52 maker stamp absolutely wrong..

Comment

Nice Souval KC - the L/52 should be read correctly as L/58
        Sometimes Souvals L/58 and 800 marks are hard to read.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback gents its greatly appreciated.

Cheers
          Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X