EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IC 1st class screwback for the experts !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
    Only juding the cross from the black spots I think is risky.
    Yes, true. That cracked silvering also appears on wartime S&Ls (not to mention RKs). So it's only one piece of a bigger puzzle.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

The story: The man came home from imprisonment as POW in 1946 (discharged 13.9.1946). He still had only his burned IC (the one shown). His Uncle worked for Steinhauer & Lück in Lüdenscheid. He gave him another IC right then in 1946 because he only had the burned one. That is the piece with the screwback. I tried to quiz him about S&l etc. but he had no other knowledge then mentioned already above. I was eager to find out the reason why they marked it 900.Maybe because that they knew it is a postwar piece nothing else makes sense as the cross is not silver. Bottom line is that you guys are completely correct with your expertise. I am sure the parts of the screwback IC are all original although being assembled post war. But shortly after the war as he got that piece in 1946. That is definately confirmed as the man with his almost 90 years is completely credible still very clear and sharp minded.
      Superb Forum !!!
      Thanks to all

skalp

Comment

Interesting evidence (if perhaps not proof) that S&L manufactured (or assembled) in the immediate postwar period.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Interesting yes . Assembled from left over parts then ... produced from the last dies in use ..... the core die is quite worn : frame die looks to be in good shape .

Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X