Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cross 1941 - 45 "SILVER"

Hello Friends,
    I may have a chance of a German Cross 1941 in "Silver" but not in its original case!
    Can I please ask for your help and advice before making any decision on this piece!
    The Details I have are as follows: (Instituted by Hitler on 29th September 1941 as the State's highest award after the Knights Cross), award in gold, twin layer rayed star with gilt laurel wreath dated 1941 bordered by two bands of red enamel, large black enamel swastika to centre on a silver field. Marked "134" (denoting manufacturer as Otto Klein, Hanau) to rear correct pin assembly with flat broach type pin. RARE MAKER - most surviving original examples of this order being made by Deschler of Muich.
    I have attached a photo of the cross, it is the only one I have!
    Any advice would be realy welcome.
    Kindest Regards,
    Les, Britannia70000.

Appears all the silver wore away leaving it now a Gold DKiG... Better photos for me, at this altitude I see more I don't like than like.

Comment

I don't like what I see either.
      George

Comment

We just need to see clear photos of

1. The date

2. The wreath at three and nine oclock

3. The pin, catch, hinge assembly

4. Close-up of the "134" stamp

5. Weight and dimensions

There appears to be tons of fake Kleins around recently.

Comment

German Cross 1941

Thanks Chaps for your ! I would also like to see better pictures myself! I just took the one on display from the company's major collection catalouge. I will e-mail the company to see if I can squeeze any further pictures of it! No pictures! No attempt to buy See you soon Les.

Comment

German Cross 1941 "Silver" New Pictures!

Hello Friends,

Thank you so much for you comments regarding this cross I may be able to purchase! I have been able to obtain further photographs, However due to "Hotmail" some have failed to turn out well enough for your viewing! I will be receiving further pictures via AOL, So all being well all the pictures of the wreath and date etc will be shown to you tomorrow hopefully! Please can you keep an eye on this thread for me!
            Thanks for any help,
            Les.

Comment

Steer Clear!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Calvert
                Steer Clear!
                Thank's Tim, I Appreciate your help my friend, Les.

Comment

German Cross "Silver" !

Sorry, I forgot to mention this cross is 6.5cm and 0.6kg!

Comment

I heard that the fakes are being pumped out from Hungary!
                    hopefully the good of the forum members will protect the little lamb from the wolves! i'm not sure if some original dies survived and ended up their, but will keep my eyes and ears wide open!!!

david

Comment

Yikes!!!

Another example for the fake klein "134" image collection for me!

Comment

The large red tide set me off on this one at first glance.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X