HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While I'm waiting to see if I can buy this cross I would like your opinions first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I'm waiting to see if I can buy this cross I would like your opinions first

What are your opinions on this EK1. I'm just curious about the low date.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

don't look right to me, in many ways, mal-form swas, low date, non-symmetrical from behind, maybe hand-finishing... not quite a textbook floch pin, but nearly there!
      what's the mm? it'll make it much easier to say yay or nay...
      regards
      jon

Comment

I was thinking the same. Just a few things throwing it off, but it didn't seem to match up to the floch pics that Peter Wiking has done a great job of picturing on the past in the forums.

Comment

do you know the markings?

Comment

Its on the estand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=76043

I sent a PM a while ago and am waiting a response mainly on the pictures first. It looks like there is a L/___ stamped under the clasp but without the pin in the up position I can't make it out on the two pictures above.

Greg

Comment

The mark is 11
              Colin

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
              Its on the estand

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=76043

I sent a PM a while ago and am waiting a response mainly on the pictures first. It looks like there is a L/___ stamped under the clasp but without the pin in the up position I can't make it out on the two pictures above.

Greg

Comment

This is what an Wilhelm Deumer should look like IMO.

(pictures are borrowed from Panzerman.. I think Debs owns this cross now)

Comment

reverse

If I'm off base on this one folks let me know but there seems to be too many things wrong with the cross for sale.

Comment

Greg,

My photo of the L/11 you show now belongs to Anthony Evans. It is 100% good.
                    Last edited by Jim Baker; 11-29-2004, 01:48 AM.

Comment

What's up with the '1939'? It looks way bad. Don't like the looks of this one....
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Greg,

Sent you a PM.

Comment

First piece shown in this thread is junk, save your money

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.

My gut was telling me that it was wrong, and I appreciate the expertise.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X