X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1940 dated carton...

The section on cases was updated with a lot of new cases and cartons -

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/iron...ases/cases.htm

One of them is printed 1940, instead of 1939. I remember seen this type before... but I am looking for other points of view (or review) of the section. I'm not 100% convinced, but I can see how the printing error could happen.
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

It looks very like the one on page 504 of Detlevs catalogue Sebastian.....

The maker of the Detlev one also appears to be Meybauer...

Marshall

Comment

I'm sure its the same one.

Allan
      Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
      Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Hi Seba,

Yes an anomalous one these, but in my view perfectly original and acceptable.

There does seem to be some significance in the fact (so far, I'm unaware of any deviation) in that all the purported '1940' boxes have the same award maker mark on them.

It is highly probable that this is just a printers mistake, I've encountered spelling mistakes and various deviations in numerous packets (including the grammar, which some deem as dubious......where as I'm more forgiving on that lapse)

I'm afraid I can't elaborate really any further than that, but I am aware of an example which is by this maker and dosen't show the 'mottled' frost effect when black lighted and the construction and print conforms to that I would consider as an original wartime outer carton....purely my own opinion on my limited experience.

The only criticism (or rather suggestion, I'm not being critical...wrong word there) I would make about the article is on the EK 2 L/12, there shown is a genuine example of an L/12 stamped EK 2 owned by George.

This example differs substantialy to the other 'variation' of the family or in Georges words, *'they are of the same pedigree' (in ref. to an example of mine which differs from Georges). I would like to see both examples of the medal shown and the dates in paticular so as we can use these for comparison sake. For the likes of me, the less conversed this would be very usefull.

This article will be used extensively for research and comparing of our medals, and not to aid any confusion show both genuine medals and the differences i.e foremost the date.

I've not encountered another example like Georges and think this limits the site to Georges example as the specific L/12 EK 2 type. When on such a prolific award by this maker we should be very careful.....I'd consider my type as perhaps the more often encountered variation of the family......and for the reasons above, think it a legitimate proposal to have both on view perhaps ?

(*George, I hope you don't mind me quoting you per the thread on comparing ours, not your exact words, word for word.......but ours are of the same family, and noting the differences - I'd be confused and take it for granted yours was genuine and mine dubious if we hadn't have had our chat on the thread...because what I know about EK's you could write on a needle point, and from that view other less experienced collectors like myself may conclude the same)

I hope you guy's don't mind this public point of view, my apologies for the critique and I don't mean it in a disrespectful way or in regards to the obvious hard work.

A small point point on a vast article, but something I think is important.

Kindest regards,

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus. H
          Hi Seba,

Yes an anomalous one these, but in my view perfectly original and acceptable.

There does seem to be some significance in the fact (so far, I'm unaware of any deviation) in that all the purported '1940' boxes have the same award maker mark on them.

It is highly probable that this is just a printers mistake, I've encountered spelling mistakes and various deviations in numerous packets (including the grammar, which some deem as dubious......where as I'm more forgiving on that lapse)

I'm afraid I can't elaborate really any further than that, but I am aware of an example which is by this maker and dosen't show the 'mottled' frost effect when black lighted and the construction and print conforms to that I would consider as an original wartime outer carton....purely my own opinion on my limited experience.

The only criticism (or rather suggestion, I'm not being critical...wrong word there) I would make about the article is on the EK 2 L/12, there shown is a genuine example of an L/12 stamped EK 2 owned by George.

This example differs substantialy to the other 'variation' of the family or in Georges words, *'they are of the same pedigree' (in ref. to an example of mine which differs from Georges). I would like to see both examples of the medal shown and the dates in paticular so as we can use these for comparison sake. For the likes of me, the less conversed this would be very usefull.

This article will be used extensively for research and comparing of our medals, and not to aid any confusion show both genuine medals and the differences i.e foremost the date.

I've not encountered another example like Georges and think this limits the site to Georges example as the specific L/12 EK 2 type. When on such a prolific award by this maker we should be very careful.....I'd consider my type as perhaps the more often encountered variation of the family......and for the reasons above, think it a legitimate proposal to have both on view perhaps ?

(*George, I hope you don't mind me quoting you per the thread on comparing ours, not your exact words, word for word.......but ours are of the same family, and noting the differences - I'd be confused and take it for granted yours was genuine and mine dubious if we hadn't have had our chat on the thread...because what I know about EK's you could write on a needle point, and from that view other less experienced collectors like myself may conclude the same)

I hope you guy's don't mind this public point of view, my apologies for the critique and I don't mean it in a disrespectful way or in regards to the obvious hard work.

A small point point on a vast article, but something I think is important.

Kindest regards,

Marcus

Marcus,

Thanks for the feedback, I accept and welcome comments and when warranted some good old fashion criticism

I have your pictures to add, but I don't think they were the best quality so if you could send me some more at info@wehrmacht-awards.com I'll gladly add them today or tomorrow.

In fact so you guys know, I am adding pictures almost on a daily basis. Yesterday it was Richard Gordon's clasp and a few envelopes.
          Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Comment

Thanks Seba,

I will retake the pic's for you gladly, I'll send them in the morning to you (Sunday) as it's getting dark here now.

Thank you for the response and keep up the good work it's very appreciated !

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X