DEUMER EK1 w/ CASE & BOX....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DEUMER EK1 w/ CASE & BOX....

Hello folks. I just acquired a small group of badges from a local gent who spent a few decades in the service in Germany, owned property there, and apparently, befriended a few WWII German vets along the way. Anyway, this cased Deumer EK1 was amongst a few awards I just got from him. This piece was apparently awarded to his mother in laws sisters husband, an apparent KIA (at least that's the story). I also have his Deumer EKII (mint, in envelope), and also his Wound Badge award certificate, both of these dated '43. A few quick snaps below. The EK 1 is marked below the catch w/ the "L/11" mark (no box around the mark). Additionally, there is a very nice solid bronze (tombak) PAB and a nice "pillow crimp" type IAB included which I will post in the war badges section. Also a very nice, lightly worn pebbled aluminum Heer buckle, and the worn tombak based BWB. The core of the EK1 is so dark that it's very hard to photograph, not to mention the frosting on the frame will still blind you. Appreciate any constructive feedback. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Reverse of EK1, plus EK2 w/ envelope and paperwork...(it's also a Deumer and the ring is marked L/11, as is the envelope, w/ the Deumer firm ink stamped. Both crosses are basically stone-mint, apparently never worn. The recipients name is also written on the cardboard packing box for the EK1.
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome little grouping. No harm in posting more pix (close-ups & so forth)! Congrats on a great score.

hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks Hank. I'd love to, but my somewhat archaic camera is a bit short on the proverbial pixel....close ups don't seem to come out so well, but will try and give it another go when I can. Thx for commenting.

Comment

According to the information we have LDO v PKZ, this ek1 could not be his awarded cross as it is LDO marked.

Now there could be an interesting debate.
          Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
          Decorations of Germany

Comment

Hello Rich. Interesting. All I have is a verbal history, and not much of one at that, however the box IS named to him, and the writing is obviously quite old and appears period. I don't have the award document for the EK1, only for the EK2 and wound badges, both of which are dated 1943, so I would assume that the award of the EK1 came after that date, so if it's a time line issue, who knows? It's a beautiful cased award nevertheless, and it all came together, so perhaps there was more than one family member involved. If someone has access to German military records, I'm sure it'd be easy enough to find out the particulars. Thanks for commenting.

Comment

Milton

There is no doubting the cross it is just that it has been stated that LDO were only for the retail market and only PKZ marked crosses (and unmarked) were the actual award pieces.

You will never know but given the history and that it comes from one family and the cross and outer carton are Deumers plus the awardees name on it, it could well blown that theory out of the water. That was why I said could make for an interesting debate.
              Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
              Decorations of Germany

Comment

Hi again Rich. Could be! I personally have never been a believer in the "all or nothing" type of theorists who don't consider that during wartime, all sorts of lines were crossed due to the countless contingencies encountered. For my part at least, this is (if memory serves), the first Deumer set I've had, and am very pleased at having acquired them and especially in such prime condition. Thanks again for commenting!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X