Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

Hello everyone,

I have a big challenge for you! What is this? ;-)
    There must be enough ribbon for hundreds of crosses.

Size: 72cm + 41cm. Width of the horizontal band: 95cm.

Thanks!
    Klaus

www.butschek-antiques.com

an apron whatever it is its pretty cool

Comment

Wow! I don't know what it is but it's very neat.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

It's about £10 per foot is what it is

Ian

Comment

I like it! It would make a cool picnic blanket

Nick

Comment

Interesting .... a small table cloth ... something was spilt on it- that one can see on the backing .
            Might have been 'Weizenbeer' ?

Douglas

Comment

It's a chair cover .....and obviously been partied on heavily or else was next to the swimming pool....hope it isn't RK ribbon...looks like second class....if so it's a second class citizens chair cover.....great for parties or just lounging around the crib in your MAN/woman cave when showing off you cross collection

Comment

Needlework by WW2 )

Comment

Someone got bored under the war. (S)he found a box of EK ribbon, and atually needed a new table cover, so did what was needed with what material the person had in hand.

Naahh, I really have no idea of what it is, and what it was used for But maybe meant as a cover for something, as the Loose endes, seems as they were meant to be used to hold the "cover" in place.

Interesting indeed, but Again, with these many weird items, no way to tell when it was made.
                  So I Wold find it hard to pay more then the value of the ribbon used, or maybe less, if the ribbon has been damaged under the Construction.

Just my 2 Euro Cents on this one.

/FLemming

Comment

It`s the ribbon for Herrmann`s ExtraGroßkreuz des Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes!

Comment

it could be a red cross for "first aid".

Comment

I'm terrible, I'd rescue the ribbon quick smart so that it could be used for it's intended purpose, that's if the ribbon is actually wartime.

Comment

Probably so nut case who worked at a ribbon making co. with nothing better to do with his time !

Comment

I had a vet bring me several pairs of slippers (footwear) made from war merit cross ribbon. In a depressed post-war economy, many items were reused for practical purposes. I even had a pair of childrens pajamas made from the red cloth of an unused flag.

Bob Hritz
                            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              I had a vet bring me several pairs of slippers (footwear) made from war merit cross ribbon. In a depressed post-war economy, many items were reused for practical purposes. I even had a pair of childrens pajamas made from the red cloth of an unused flag.

Bob Hritz
                              how interesting! Postwar depression era folks did have that mentality though. Think about the loads of stuff that did make it to other countries as souvenirs, not all were just for the thrill of the hunt. For instance, there are camo smocks that have been found with Remington shotgun shells still stuffed in the pockets and was used as hunting camo after the war, it served a purpose. Truly people can think of the most creative ways to reuse something!

William Kramer
                              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X